“Brilliant evening of fun and frolics”

Sweet Fanny Adams Theatre
Horsham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant evening of fun and frolics”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I was lucky enough to visit Gatlinburg on a recent trip to the US and spent a really fun evening at this lovely, friendly little theatre. The show playing was 'The Incredible Adventures of Mary Bright'. I laughed from beginning to end, my favourite character had to be Lucifer McRotten.
The show was done in the style of old Victorian Music Hall. It was like being at an English Pantomime, full of traditional baddies that you were encouraged to boo and hiss, heroines who got into trouble and needed rescuing.
For me the highlight of the evening was the 'Paper Dance'. A version of the balloon dance, that finished what was a wonderfully welcoming, fun filled evening.
I would recommend it for anyone who enjoys good, home written comedy from a very talented cast.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Kazjack2

Troy, O
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great show for the money!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Not quite MY cup of tea but I knew my wife would love it! And she did. She laughed like a nut! Especially when I was dragged on stage in one of their acts! It was all in good fun and a good time was had by all. She ordered the DVD of the performance. Now she can laugh at me more than she does already!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Gregory W
Greenville
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“boring”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was the most rediculious show I have ever seen, left half way through it. Very boring, do not recommend this to anyone

Visited September 2012
Greensboro
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Terrific show!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Have been many times and each show is original, lots of fun and a perfect way to spend an evening! Great entertainment!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Alice B
Columbia,SC
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great show, great people!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had never been to the Sweet Fanny Adams Theatre in all the years we have been going to Gatlinburg!! I was tired of the Dixie Stampede, the Lumberjack Fued was a rip off and the Hatfield and McCoy show was also a rip off! So, we went early to purchase our tickets for that evening's show and were very pleasantly surprized to meet the son-in-law of the Mom and Dad who started this theatre many years ago! We had a nice conversation with him and when we returned for the evenings show he showed us to the very front of the theatre and the frist 3 seats!

It was a great show, very funny and audience parciptation is part of the show! We were wearing our "Thing #1, #2 and #3" Tee Shirts we purchased years ago at Universal Studio in FL. Our 16 year old daughter was sitting between my hubby and I and our shirts were slightly out of order!

The daughter of the owner of Sweet Fanny Adams noticed this and asked us about it and we explained that we always sat with her in the middle of the two of us! She thought it was great and even asked our daughter to take part in a upcoming skit! Our daughter being the "Drama Type" was thrilled to be on stage and her part in the skit was to make the sound effects! She loved it and we were able to purchase a DVD of the show with all of us in it as well as our daughter! We recommend Sweet Fanny Adams Theatre to anyone and everyone visting the Gatlinburg/Pidgeon Forge area!! The prices are very reasonable and it's a great show for all ages!! We definely plan on returning on our next trip up to Gatlinburg,TN!!!

Visited December 2012