“An honest review from a Mom”

Ripley's Moving Theater
Ranked #46 of 108 things to do in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: It’s going to be a bumpy ride. Better strap on your seat belts for this seriously REAL-D 5D Moving Theater experience. Our state of the art theater with digital effects and motions seats will have you feeling like you’re in the movie! Bump, dip, and shake your way through our Roadhoggers and Winter Wipeout adventures. We advise expectant mothers and people with certain medical conditions not to ride this ride. Fun for a date night, or a trip with the entire family, but hold on tight!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Stroller parking
indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“An honest review from a Mom”
Reviewed April 27, 2007

We saw two shows while there, a logging truck and a mix of rollercoaster and snowmobiling clips. They did not deliver what they promised on the advertising. There was a few glitter snow flakes during the snow mobile part but other wise that was it on the effects. We sat in the front to get the full effects but were very disappointed in the overall value for the money we spent. If you are a larger person, the handles may cut into your thighs as they stick out of the inside of the seat by your legs. The seats are more jarring than anything else, no tilting at all. I would not return to this attraction and would not recommend it either. The staff was very nice and helpful and the area is clean, but not worth the money. $5.00 a person is pushing it on this let down, Ripley's.

3 Thank mountainseekers

Charleston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Worst 4D theatre ever!”
Reviewed January 14, 2007

Way over priced, no padding on the sides of the seats and the movie was not 4D, not even 3D. You watch a film while being jerked and thrown around in your seat. Painful experience we both had bruises. Very missleading signs at the ticket office and no offer of a refund.

4 Thank simsenterprises2000
Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Don't Waste Your Time or Money”
Reviewed January 4, 2007

This was supposed to be a "4-D" experience. There was nothing 4-D, 3-D or 2-D about it. All 3-D theaters I've been to before provide the goofy classes so it looks realistic. This theater does not provide any glasses. It looked like a poor quality, semi-blurry film and the seats jerked you around until your neck ached! It was supposed to be a double feature. The first film was a cartoon and the second was a roller coaster, snow mobile, buggy ride. It was so bad, most walked out of the theater after cartoon was over...not staying for the second film. We should have! Don't waste your money on this or the Ripley's Haunted House! I wish I could have that $70.00 back!

4 Thank TravelGirl100
Terre Haute
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Not That Thrilling or Entertaining...”
Reviewed August 16, 2006

This ride is basically consists of watching a movie screen while your seat moves up, down, right, or left. I was expecting this ride to atleast be in 3-D with the glasses (since the brochure has a dinosaur with them on) but the ride lacked both 3-D and half of what was shown on the brochure.) I'll admit, at first the ride was exciting when your seat first starts shaking and it's in sync with the movie, but considering the ride was about 15 minuits and thats all it consisted of, I was very dissapointed. The movies shown are things like a dune buggy, snow mobile, or roller coaster, and your seat shakes when the buggy hits a rock--for example. I think small children would love this ride, but anybody 13+ is probably going to want to ride a real roller coaster instead of just watching one. If this ride were in 3-D, it would easily get 5-stars. Sadly, sitting in a shaking chair watching a snow mobile only merits 2.

6 Thank PacersneedReggie
Chicago, IL
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“We disagreed on this one”
Reviewed July 28, 2006

My wife loved it, said she had a lot of fun and did not want it to end.

I hated it, and it made me feel queasy. To me, it felt like I was just being jerked around. (Literally.)

2 Thank Urban_Hillbillly