“Not amazing”

Ripley's Moving Theater
Ranked #46 of 113 things to do in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: It’s going to be a bumpy ride. Better strap on your seat belts for this seriously REAL-D 5D Moving Theater experience. Our state of the art theater with digital effects and motions seats will have you feeling like you’re in the movie! Bump, dip, and shake your way through our Roadhoggers and Winter Wipeout adventures. We advise expectant mothers and people with certain medical conditions not to ride this ride. Fun for a date night, or a trip with the entire family, but hold on tight!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

There was a double feature when I went. One of a bamboo coaster and one was happy feet. The first one especially was very bumpy. The second I thought might be a little scary for little kids especially since it is 3-d and everything looks closer. It's interesting if you have never done anything like this before but dollywood is better.

Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

My friend & I did this ride. It is okay, not that great, but okay. It was about what you would expect from any of these. Just because it is Ripley's doesn't make it all that great. Like I said, it's okay.

1  Thank RickyDewayne
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I love these types of rides, 3-d seems so real. I really felt like I was on a sled going down a steep hill...LOL But I will say it does jolt you quite a bit, not sure someone with back troubles should ride.

1  Thank munchie7769
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This came with a Groupon package. It's a very bumpy, jerky ride. The graphics were interesting but nothing amazing. The Groupon package was worth it as a whole, but I probably would not buy individually and certainly not for the retail ticket price.

1  Thank 1gapeach
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

We didn't plan on stopping here. But walking by my son wanted to check it out. There was only five of us in the theatre and the staff was nice. The first movie of the "double feature" was a bumpy bamboo roller coaster that was to jolty for my taste. I'm sure my son was comfortable, but the darn chair kept whacking me in the back of the head, and when the bucket chair leans to far back you can't see the 3D threw the glasses anymore.

The 2nd feature was a chase scene using the characters from Happy Feet. It was a lot better, the 3D looked nicer, and the ride actually seemed to being going along with what was happening on screen. There was fake foam snow, along with the shots of water you get in the face like in the 1st movie.

My son enjoyed it, but I could have passed. The most enjoyable part was listening to the reactions of the crazy mom with two kids behind us, "Oh my God were gonna DIEEE...." "He SHOT me in the FACE!!" If she hadn't been in theatre, I probably would have given this place a lower rating.

2  Thank Matthew0027