“Great Place for Beer, Pretzels, and Sausage!”

Smoky Mountain Brewery
Ranked #20 of 109 things to do in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Brewery and restaurant combo is a fun place to take the family with its fresh mountain micro-brewed beer plus traditional pizza, one-of-a-kind subs and sandwiches.
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Great Place for Beer, Pretzels, and Sausage!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Like many other restaurants in Gatlinburg, the waiting list can get rather long for dinner if you don't arrive early or late enough to miss the crowd. This last time my visit to Smokey Mtn Brewery only required a 30 minute wait to be seated. The pretzels and beer cheese are a tasty way to pass time until the main course arrives, they seem to be of the frozen variety (not as good as Mellow Mushrooms pretzels IMO) but are cooked just right and the optional beer cheese compliments them well. You can't go wrong with any of their beers to wash the pretzels down with. You can get the 9 beer sample (5oz per sample) for just $7.35! An amazing price in my book for small batch crafted beer. Their large mugs prices are very reasonable as well, especially for a tourist town like Gatlinburg. I had my son with me so unfortunately I was not able to partake in as much beer 'tasting' as I wanted but the selection is very nice and I'm sure anyone can find a beer there that they would enjoy.

I had the smoked sausage hoagie which turned out to be a nice choice to go with my beer sampler. The bread was fresh and toasted just right, the sausage sliced in half with just enough grill marks, and a nice portion of onions/peppers on top. It came with a side of marinara which was perfect for the sandwich. I opted for the mashed potatoes as my side, they seemed to lack proper salt/pepper seasoning but I suppose it would be better that way so that you can adjust to taste rather than being too heavily salted from the start.

My wife had the portobello mushroom hoagie. She said that she liked it, in my opinion it was a bit too grilled/charred tasting for my liking but that's just my personal taste, seemed like I could tasted nothing but smokey burnt crisp rather than the mushroom. The bread at least was fresh (I believe they make it daily?).

Over all the service was great, we were seated within the time frame they estimated and our server was prompt with our food.

This is my second time there, my previous patronage was about 5 years ago. I definitely will return and try their pizza as I've read nothing but good reviews about it! The place is located right beside of the Clarion and Quality Inn Creekside, a great place to hang out and have dinner at then have just a short stroll back to your room. Cherokee Grill and Calhoun's are located in the same parking lot as well and owned by the same parent company, I have yet to try their food but I'm sure it's the same quality, if not better, than the Brewery.

West Milton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Good food, not so great service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

The food was good here, but the service was so-so. The server had a hard time understanding our order (He was Russian with a heavy accent) and was new and needed help, but nothing so bad that if your not patient you can't deal with. Moonshine soaked cherries were so yummy!

Visited September 2012
Dayton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Excellent Beer and Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stopped in here twice on our two day stay in Gatlinburg. Food was great and so was the beer. Highly recommend the seasonal Oktoberfest...but try for yourself. We tried the 9 beer sampler for only $7.35! The white pizza is the bomb! It reminds me of Germany. The beer cheese with the pretzels is also out of this world. This is a great place to watch the games as there are plenty of TVs. Wait staff was also friendly. Excellent value.

Cincinnati, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“We had hoped it would be good...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stopped in here after hiking all day and we were looking forward to some beer and food. Upon entering the restaurant / brewery it had a strange aroma that I could not put figure out. It was not the aroma of brewing (I am very familiar with that aroma) or cooking. We ordered the artichoke and spinach dip, which was good but the server kept referring to it as "Spin" dip which is get is the jargon the staff and kitchen uses but it is not necessary to use it with the guests. The ribs were our choice for dinner. At first we enjoyed the ribs but the further you got into the middle of the ribs the drier the meat became. In fact the meat became so dry it sucked the moisture out of your mouth. We could not finish the ribs. We ordered a beer sampler and that was disappointing as well. The beers all tasted watered down and lacking flavor. We did not finish the beer sampler either. Our server took forever to get our check so we could pay and leave. He left the dirty dishes on our table while we waited for our check. We won't be back to this restaurant.

Visited September 2012
sheriedenise
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Mixed reviews”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband loved this place. From his beer to the food he ordered. My son liked his pizza he ordered. I did not enjoy my food (chicken cheese philly)- not very flavorful. I think it's a bit pricey. But my husband wants to go back once more before we head home- I'll eat a sandwich in our room.