“Quality for the dollars”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Riverhouse at the Park
Ranked #25 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed December 29, 2009

We looked forward to returning to the Riverhouse at the Park. We had a king room with gas fireplace on the river. As usual, the room was very very clean and the surroundings quiet. This hotel is on the north end of Gatlinburg at the intersection of Ski Mountain and River Roads. The room is equipped with a microwave as well as a dorm room sized refrigerator. There are also 2 over stuffed comfortable chairs as well as a small table with 2 chairs. I used wi-fi from across the street. The owner is going to install new wi-fi in spring 2010. I dont think any of the corner rooms (such as 210) are able to receive River Park's wi-fi. Front desk personnel are always professional and courteous. This hotel is close to several restaurants as the Peddler is down the street and the Cherokee Grill is a few blocks away. This hotel is a bargain! Especially Sun-Thursday. Ask for their donuts. Juice, donuts and coffee will be delivered to the room just for the asking.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 27, 2009

We've been going to Gatlinburg at least annually for over 16 yrs and have stayed at both Riverhouse and "sister" motel. We had a family emergency and left behind a brand new and expensive quilt. Never saw it again! We were even tipping the housekeeping staff daily. Several calls resulted in false promises that quilt had been shipped but of course, it never arrived. Also, more expensive room was located overlooking sewage treatment plant!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ttortus
Reviewed November 19, 2009

Been going to Gatlinburg for the last 12 years and started staying at the Riverhouse about 8 years ago. Always clean. Staff is courteous, helpful and friendly. The donuts are delicious.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed November 17, 2009

We reserved a park view room for Labor Day week end and had a wonderful visit. The hotel is at the end of Gatlinberg, so somewhat out of all the loud commotion in Gatlingberg, but within walking distance of everything. The room was very nice, the view was wonderful and the staff made the stay very pleasant. We will request this same or similar room everytime. It is well worth the additional price and still seemed like a bargain for what we received. I didn't check out the internet service, as this was a pleasure trip. But I did have iphone service for the most part in this location.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2009

We stayed here for Spring Break with our young children and were VERY pleased! We had found the reviews on trip advisor, and upon staying, this hotel is exactly what everyone said it would be. We had a room on the river with balcony, 2 queen beds, fireplace, garden tub (a little small), fridge and lots of space. The rooms are not plush, but they are cozy. There is quite a bit of space as well, and with 2 boys with lots of toys, that is important. The price was great and the location is wonderful. The whole town is within walking distance; so, you don't have to pay for public parking unless you just want to. We walked downtown just about everyday, and even with 2 young ones (both under 8), it wasn't a bad walk. You're also right up against the Smokies National Park; so if you want to go for a "nature walk," you don't have to go far. Our boys loved the hot tub upstairs in the "gazebo" - it is outside, so be sure to take you a few towels or even a robe if you're prone to get chilly. If you're concerned about wireless connection, you may want to go to the office, because the connection in the room can be hit or miss. The housekeeping service as well as the office staff are very helpful. They do serve a breakfast, which is delivered right to your room; however, it only consists of a few items, but the homemade donuts are great. (If you want a great full breakfast, try Pancake Pantry on the main strip, or Mountain Lodge restaurant on Hwy 321!) Needless to say, we thoroughly enjoyed our trip, and since my parents live in G'burg, this is definitely a place we will visit again and again!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank mgriz
Reviewed November 2, 2009

I love this place. I've stayed here several times and even though the room isn't very updated (at least when I was there last) it is very nice. Everything works great & is very nice. The pool is nice and its not far off the strip at all. Your at the end so you can just go down one way and come back the other. I highly recommend it :)

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kristen3
Reviewed October 19, 2009

Please be aware of cancellation period. When I called to book a reservation, they did not advise of the cancellation period as most hotels do. I asked if they would email me confirmation but they would not do so, said they would U.S. mail confirmation. When I called to cancel reservations 3 days before arrival date, they advised that the cancellation period is a week before arrival date and that they would charge my credit card for one night. I advised I was not told when the cancellation period was and Gen Mgr said it is in the confirmation that was mailed to my home - which arrived after the required week. So beware. I did go and stay 1 night since I was being charged for it. Also, if your hotel room is on the street side, please know that it is very noisy and hard to stay asleep. However, it is a very large room. Nice gas log fireplace.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple