“Older style rooms in great location.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Riverhouse at the Park
Ranked #25 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Staff is very friendly, rooms clean and very nice overlooking stream. Hotel tucked back of the main drag but in easy walking distance. Room decoration looks dated, but adds to the charm. We look forward to staying there again! Kipp Brown

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank kbrown1972

Reviewed September 5, 2013

A friend of mine booked this hotel for us. I checked it out online, the rates were ok considering that we went on a holiday weekend and the pictures looked nice. The river just outside the balcony was a big plus for me! When we got there, the reception staff was really nice and helpful. The rooms were another story though. It was like I stepped into the 70s: old furniture, huge fridge and microwave, old wallpapers and decors, old bathroom fixtures and wall outlets. The biggest peeve I had was that it smelled musty. I usually don't complain and write negative stuff but I guess this was my experience here. I have never stayed in a musty hotel room in all our travels. However, because we were trying to make this situation work, we opened our doors, turned on the AC and tried to air out the mustiness. The sound of the river running kinda helped too. Don't get me wrong, the room is so huge! Lots of space and it has a fireplace (only works during winter) too. I also don't understand why they didn't have enough lights for a room that big. We had a hard time packing/arranging our stuff at night due to the lack of lights. The bed was ok. We were scared of bedbugs so we checked every nook and cranny and thank God, there weren't any. Having your breakfast delivered to your room was a nice touch. It was freshly made donuts or toast and coffee, juice or tea. The staff were really very efficient and accommodating. The place just needed to be updated and remodeled to keep up with the times. It is in a very good location in town.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here many times and still maintain this is our first choice for staying in Gatlinburg. Walking distance to several fine restaurants and the sitting on your deck listening to the river is a very relaxing visit to the National Park. Rooms are large with fireplace for winter guest and swimming pool for summer.

Room Tip: Corners suites on the south end have more windows but more expensive. All rooms are nice and large...
1  Thank bulldurham70
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed at Riverhouse at the Park for first time after my wife and MIL have been there every year. Hate to admit but they are absolutely right, this is a fantastic hotel and everything about it makes for a wonderful experience.. Just don't tell anyone.......;)

1  Thank ProudBuckeye
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My husband and I decided to stay here on a whim... we made a last-minute decision to go to Gatlinburg for the night and we ended up here because it was about half the price of the place next door and still in a great location (at the mountain edge of the back of the strip). Room was super clean and the staff is amazing! We have a new favorite hotel in the the Smokies :)

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Courtney W
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We have been staying at Riverhouse at the Park for several years. We found it by accident and have been returning there whenever we can get to Gatlinburg. We love the location which is within walking distance to everything, especially nice restaurants and shops, but is on the quiet end of town by the park. We have been getting one of the Parkview rooms for the last few years and love the view of river and waterfall--definitely worth the extra cost. You hear absolutely no noise at all, except for the water flowing over the rocks. The balconies are very nice and relaxing. The rooms are nicely furnished and big, with plenty of room for a table and chairs and comfy seating in the bedroom. We also like the separate dressing area and bathroom. The beds are very comfortable, shower is great, and they have updated the TVs. We would not think of staying anywhere else in Gatlinburg. A very nice clean place with super friendly staff.

Room Tip: I definitely recommend a room with a balcony over the river -- the very best rooms are the Parkview...
Reviewed August 12, 2013

When traveling to Gatlinburg, I always stay at Riverhouse at the Park or Riverhouse Motor Lodge. For a true Smoky Mountain experience, this is the place to stay. It's always immaculately clean, friendly, and nowhere else can you have the private balcony over the Pigeon River experience. And where else can you have breakfast brought to your room in less than a minute? Knowing that I can depend on the cleanliness, friendliness, and price, it is indeed like returning home each time.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room on the river. The first floor has the best views, but all are nice.