“Really nice.”
Review of Riverhouse Motels

We can't find prices for this hotel
Riverhouse Motels
Ranked #18 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

I live not far from Gatlinburg and have been staying there quite often the past couple of months. This was our first stay at Riverhouse and the reviews were accurate. The room was big and the outside porch with the creek was wonderful. Having breakfast delivered to your room was another great perk. I will be staying here as many times as possible.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Carleen W

Reviewed June 28, 2014

This was our first visit to Gatlinburg so I asked friends who came here often (for over 40 years) and they strongly recommended this lodge. It is very nice, very well kept, lodge with lots of character tucked back off the main tourist drags but not far away. Our room was actually a small suite with a fireplace and balcony overlooking a creek. Very clean. Friendly and helpful staff. Big, very comfortable king size bed

Want to come back in the late fall to use the fireplace and get away for a few days. Can't speak highly enough about it.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank toby1313
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I just wanted to say my Husband, myself and our three daughters ages 12, 8 and 1 & 1/2 came to Gatlinburg for a last minute vacation. We checked many of the hotels in the area for availability and also looked at their rooms. We were not impressed. Our final call was to the Riverhouse Motor Lodge. We pulled up and looked at the room that was available. This room was a little out dated.... but it was so clean and cozy. Our room had a balcony right above the beautiful creek. It had chairs out there and it was a great way to unwind after a busy day in town. It is also located in the heart of town, nestled back just a little behind the scenes, but I loved that it was so close, easy and convenient to walk anywhere we wanted to go. The staff is super friendly and helpful. We had an electric fire place which was nice with the kids but they also have wood burning fire place rooms as well. It feels like your in a cabin. Much cleaner though. I have nothing bad to say about this place at all. I will definitely be back!!!

Room Tip: I believe mine was room 12. Wonderful experience.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank dee w
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Stayed here a little while back. The room was more spacious than a normal hotel room with a stone fireplace, wood paneling, table with 2 chairs in front of a large picture window looking out towards the river,& 2 older LR chairs with end table. Even though it is dated, it was extremely clean. All rooms have a river view with a nice size balcony to sit on & enjoy the sound & view of nature. I like the fact that there were ramps to get to the 2nd floor, instead of stairs. In my opinion, the mattresses were a little hard. The emergency escape plan on the wall was a 4 X 11 grid pattern with numbers that did not match the layout of the hotel. The continental breakfast was doughnuts & toast with juice or coffee which you had to call and order after 8 am & then was delivered to the room. The biggest downfall for this hotel is that in the office there is a sign that states "smoke free facility", all the rooms I saw said smoke free rooms, there was even a sign inside each room "$150 fine for smoking inside room", yet I saw people smoking everywhere. I enjoy sitting on the balcony but if you have respiratory or breathing problems,as I do, I would not want to be placed in rooms #20, #21, #40 & #41. These rooms are right next to or right above the "smoking area". Even though there was no sign, it was a sitting area with a couple of ashtrays & a flowerpot with cigarette butts. While sitting on the balcony, if the wind was blowing a certain direction, I would get a cloud of smoke come across the balcony. I also had to smell cigarette smoke on the balcony anytime anyone was in the smoking area. I believe some guests were smoking on their balconies. There was also a smokey smell inside the room each time we walked in, but I believe that is from the wood burning fireplace & the smell has permeated into the paneling, it doesn't seem noticeable after a few minutes. The views were beautiful, the location is good and I may stay here again if could request which rooms I would not want.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank geekster
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Unlike a normal motel, this one has not only one door/window that faces the parking lot, but a big window and a balcony facing the river at the back of the room.
For me, this is a huge advantage! In this motel all rooms have a river view.
The room is a bit dark because of trees hiding the sun.
The fire place is nice although I didn't use it.
Location is very good, just a few minutes walk from the main street. Good access to shops and restaurants.
One strange thing, no supermarket in Gatlinburg. I found one, a very nice one, like 4 miles away from the center.
The staff in this hotel kind of ignore me and answered the shortest answer possible my very short question, but this didn't disturb much and I didn't take it personally.
I enjoyed my stay there and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Giovanni17
Reviewed May 28, 2014

A nice change from the big brand hotels we normally choose. We loved having a balcony and our stay was very comfy and cozy. We enjoyed Gatlinburg and had a relaxing, romantic weekend getaway in our spacious jacuzzi suite!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Adrienne H
Reviewed May 19, 2014

This was our fifth trip to Gatlinburg, but our first stay at Riverhouse. We really needed to get away, but could not stay at our usual place because we found ourselves having a strict budget for this vacation Still we didn't want to sacrifice quality, so we chose Riverhouse because of all the excellent reviews.
The hotel is located just minutes from the heart of all the Gatlinburg action, but it offers a quiet and peaceful atmosphere. It was great to "go play" and then be able to take a short walk back to the hotel for a rest. (For those who have never been to Gatlinburg, having to drive through town can be quite a nightmare.) The balcony over the stream was wonderful. We were visited daily by birds and squirrels.
Our room featured some updates, but was outdated in other ways. Riverhouse is not a luxury hotel, but then again it does not claim to be a luxury hotel. Because we spend little time in our room, this did not bother us at all. We are always more concerned with how comfortable and clean the room is (and the room was both comfortable and clean).
The only minor inconveniences we found were that the wireless internet would go in and out. We spend little time on the internet, so it wasn't a big deal. It was just a little frustrating when we were trying to look up a restaurant or attraction. Another issue was that we had very little storage space to unpack. Our room had a huge cabinet underneath the stand that held the microwave and refrigerator, but the floor was a cement slab, so we could not use that space. Plus the microwave was very tiny and we could not really use it for much. All of these issues were minor for us and would not prevent us from staying again.
The staff was friendly and helpful when we called to inquire about accommodations and make reservations (although we would definitely appreciate if we could do this online) and they were also very pleasant during our stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple