Riverhouse Motels
Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$60
$169
$139
Hampton.com
$159
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites on the River(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$71
Gatlinburg Inn(Gatlinburg)
$199
$170
$109
$106
The Edgewater Hotel(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$119
$109
Agoda.com
Bearskin Lodge on the River Hotel(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$169
$159
Priceline
$972
getaroom.com
All reviewshomemade donutsthe riverwood burningmotor lodgeevery morningrooms are largeour favorite place to stayhave stayed here many timesan older propertyvisiting gatlinburgparking lotthe main streetjacuzzi tubfireplacebalconyrebuiltfirewood
Reviewed May 10, 2014

The hotel is within walking distance to the main drag in Gatlinburg, making it very convenient. Especially if you want to hit the Moonshine and whiskey places in the area haha!

The room was clean but in need of updating...paneling everywhere...yikes! The beds are comfortable but a bit firm. The river was right outside the door with a huge balcony to sit out and relax. The only problem is the river was high and very VERY loud. With the door closed it sounded like a waterfall was out there. Luckily the moonshine and whiskey helped me fall asleep.. ;)

The water pressure and temperature were great. The breakfast wasn't much, but the hotel price was low so you get what you pay for.

3  Thank shedevil
Reviewed May 6, 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel. My wife and I stayed last year and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The main thing that we liked was spending time on the balcony which overlooked the creek. This year everytime we would go out on the balcony we would smell cigarette smoke. I was under the impression that this was a smoke fee hotel since there was a sign in the office which said so and all of the rooms said nonsmoking. When I first complained I was told by a lady in the office, which I called from my room, that people should not be smoking on the balcony and that she would call them. The next day, which was our second day of a planned three day stay, while out on our balcony, we once again could smell a strong smell of cigarette smoke. I walked over to the office and talked to a man who was working behind the desk and was told that it was hotel policy that people could smoke on their balconies. That made no since to me considering the sign in the office and on the doors to the rooms. However, since we now know the hotel policy, and since the reason that we enjoyed staying at this hotel was the balcony, we will not be going back. We checked out a day earlier and will be looking for another hotel. We can find another hotel for a cheaper price, albeit without a balcony over the creek, which we could not enjoy anyway due to the smoke.

9  Thank DannoC7
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We just spent four days and nights enjoying both the view and sound of the river from our room. This hotel has about 50 rooms and all of them have balconies that open to a view of the river. Several birds and squirrels also visited the balcony! Our bathroom had been redone and was clean. The room was dark due to wood paneling and a dark carpet. By wife did not like the darkness due to her fear of spiders. The room was not noisy. However, I did choose the second floor as 40 year old hotels tend to be noisy, especially on the first floor. This hotel has two floors.

Breakfast was so so and the very friendly staff brings it to the room within two to five minutes. The continental breakfast consists of coffee or tea, orange juice, toast (white or wheat) and their very own doughnuts. I did not like the doughnuts or their spreads. I purchased my own jam and peanut butter. That considerably improved the toast!

The main Gatlinburg strip is about one city block away. The National Park's Gatlinburg trail is about 1/3 of a mile away. It's a two mile trail that's great for walking or running. There are also several other hotels adjacent to this property. I doubt I will ever stay at this property again due to my wife's dislike of dark rooms!

Room Tip: I would stay on the second floor due to potential noise. This hotel has only two floors.
1  Thank DoverJungleboy
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I have been going here for the last 25 years at least 2 times a year. I have never ever been disapointed. You will not find this place on Orbitz, Expedia, Etc. They do not advertise because they don't need to. Very short walk to heart of the town, yet quiet and peaceful. Wood burning or Gas fireplaces. I wish I was a better writer to properly explain how much this place has meant to my family and I over the years.

Room Tip: Get on the second floor toward the middle of the hotel. All are great though
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Brian L
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I have stayed at River house for 3 years in a row, have nothing but good things to say. One bad review from limestone that has stayed there for 20yrs, if it was as bad as you say why would anyone in their right mind stay 20 yrs. I am making my 4th reservation this week and could not believe there was 1 negative comment. Come on disgruntled I would be mad about refund also, but your review is the only bad out of the 147 I read, nice try.

Room Tip: King with Jacuzzi and fireplace well worth it
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple