“Best Place Ever!”
Review of Riverhouse Motels

We can't find prices for this hotel
Riverhouse Motels
Ranked #11 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Jonesville, North Carolina
“Best Place Ever!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed there Aug.9th thru Aug.11th.2013, We will come back, the Lady in the office was very nice and helpful, the room was very clean and the bath room sparkled, the breakfast was great, loved the balcony with the great view of the river. This place has made us lifetime customers!! Looking forward to our next visit, hope it is soon!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank beverly h

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Older motor lodge with all balconies facing Little River. Takes you back to the seventies. Every area clean. Order breakfast(delivered to your room). Got room with 2 queens. Room was very large with a nice remodeled bathroom.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank tiger1064
North Carolina
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed from July 11-14. The price was very affordable. The rooms and bathrooms are very clean, I really liked the updated bathrooms. The rooms have a great view of the river, and you can relax to the sounds of the river if you leave the balcony door open. It is a very convenient location we walked to Ripleys Aquarium and to all the shops and restaurants we went to. They also have a good continental breakfast. I have no complaints at all with this motel!

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor, overlooking the river was great!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank crinkles86
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We took our granddaughter to Gatlinberg and stayed here based on a friend's recommendation. Although an older facility, we will be staying there again in August with another granddaughter !!! Hospitality and homemade donuts were the best. No road noise- only the sound of a mountain stream right off your balcony!

2 Thank melanie s
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We will definitely stay here again the rooms are huge the beds are the most comfortable ive ever slept on at a motel
The staff is wonderful the location is the best .all rooms have private balconys over looking the river .this is my new favorate motel

3 Thank Jorgapr
Centerville, Indiana
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My parents and I decided to take a trip to Gatlinburg. We haven't been in years. My parents, 81 and 78, wanted to stay at Riverhouse because this is where we would stay when we would go as a family. We stayed here last 24 years ago. We've tried staying other places (I like to swim so if it isn't summer, I would stay somewhere with an indoor pool) but nothing compares to the privacy and home like feeling of Riverhouse. We had a wonderful time. I was able to swim everyday and many times had the pool to myself because the hours are 8:30 to 10:30. Many hotels have a much shorter swim time. The pool is off the street - so many in Gatlinburg aren't so you have everyone walking down the street watching. I met a very nice couple and one of them had never been to Gatlinburg before (I know, hard to believe) and he was very impressed with the price and the accommodations. His wife had been before, years ago, but never to the Riverhouse. I can't wait to come back to the Riverhouse and it will not be another 24 years! I promise!

Room Tip: My parents are 78 and 81 and my mom uses a cane most of the time, my dad some. My mom made the reser...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bshank2013
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

My family has stayed here since I was a young girl. We still visit every year, now with siblings and boyfriends and finacees, and it is still as amazing as ever. The location is ideal, the balconies overlooking the river are beautiful, and the in room breakfast is very convenient. I love this hotel and will continue to visit every year. I hope to bring my own children here soon.

3 Thank Lolabubbles