“Love it” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riverhouse Motor Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Riverhouse Motor Lodge
You added Riverhouse Motor Lodge to your Saves list
Ranked #9 of 84 Hotels in Gatlinburg
“Love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We will definitely stay here again the rooms are huge the beds are the most comfortable ive ever slept on at a motel
The staff is wonderful the location is the best .all rooms have private balconys over looking the river .this is my new favorate motel

3 Thank Jorgapr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Centerville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My parents and I decided to take a trip to Gatlinburg. We haven't been in years. My parents, 81 and 78, wanted to stay at Riverhouse because this is where we would stay when we would go as a family. We stayed here last 24 years ago. We've tried staying other places (I like to swim so if it isn't summer, I would stay somewhere with an indoor pool) but nothing compares to the privacy and home like feeling of Riverhouse. We had a wonderful time. I was able to swim everyday and many times had the pool to myself because the hours are 8:30 to 10:30. Many hotels have a much shorter swim time. The pool is off the street - so many in Gatlinburg aren't so you have everyone walking down the street watching. I met a very nice couple and one of them had never been to Gatlinburg before (I know, hard to believe) and he was very impressed with the price and the accommodations. His wife had been before, years ago, but never to the Riverhouse. I can't wait to come back to the Riverhouse and it will not be another 24 years! I promise!

Room Tip: My parents are 78 and 81 and my mom uses a cane most of the time, my dad some. My mom made the reser...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Bshank2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

My family has stayed here since I was a young girl. We still visit every year, now with siblings and boyfriends and finacees, and it is still as amazing as ever. The location is ideal, the balconies overlooking the river are beautiful, and the in room breakfast is very convenient. I love this hotel and will continue to visit every year. I hope to bring my own children here soon.

3 Thank Lolabubbles
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The room was older, but very spacious and pristine! We very much enjoyed our balcony and all the birds that came to our porch for nibbles of our donuts and crackers! So many types of birds visited us that we bought a birding book to identify them! Chickadees, warblers, finches, robins, blue jays etc not to mention the mallards, chipmunks and squirrels! The water pressure in the shower was outstanding. The hotel was close to everything-it's safe to say we have found a new place to stay each time we visit the Smokies!!
Now for the cons:
BRING YOUR OWN PILLOW because these ones are more flat than the state of Florida. (I just went to Walmart in Pigeon Forge and bought a new one.)

I wish there was a DO NOT DISTURB sign, but alas, there is not and they insist on cleaning your room every day. (Plus side, they do a fantastic job at it, but I'm more of a "clean when we run out of towels only" person.)

• Stayed June 2013
5 Thank Chelsea R
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

It is so relaxing here it is tucked back in the trees off the beaten path... it looks like little cabins tucked in the woods.. the room has a lot of space... the private balcony has lots of room on it...but close walking distance to every thing to do in Gatlinburg...A beautiful flowing creek right under your bacolny...The place looks old but it is not... A very nice room... very clean... everyone is very nice here... I have stayed in almost place in Gatlinburg... now i have truely found a wonderful hidden gem tucked away here in Gainburg...I am so glad i found this place to stay...

2 Thank sissycat84
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have been coming here since I was a baby back in the 70s. Looks almost identical to the way it looked back then. Bathroom has been remodeled nicely and new carpet. I love the roar of the creek below the balcony. I have wonderful memories of this place. Feels like your are in a secluded world. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Gatlinburg.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Kim H
Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I booked our room based on the reviews others had posted and we couldn't have been happier! It's a very easy walk to the main strip in Gatlinburg, even in the rain. The place might look outdated on the outside but our room looked like it had been recently updated and made us feel as if we were in our own little cabin. We had a king room on the first floor which had a mini frig, microwave and jacuzzi tub. Our favorite part of the day was in the mornings sitting on the balcony listening to the river, enjoying our coffee and donuts while feeding the birds, chipmunks and squirrels! Another surprise was how fast breakfast was delivered to your room after ordering, usually in 5 minutes or less! We highly recommend this place and will definitely stay here next time we are in Gatlinburg. The only thing negatives about the room, no soap, lotion, etc like most hotels and we were only given 2 towels, 2 wash clothes and 2 hand towels each day I guess we could have asked for more but we made it work. No big deal for us!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple