“Managers and employees”

Gatlinburg Space Needle
Ranked #19 of 110 things to do in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Owner description: The Gatlinburg Space Needle is an all steel observation tower served by two elevators with a capacity of 20 persons each. Ride our safe and comfortable glass elevators over 400’ to observation deck for 360° view of the Great Smoky Mountains and the resort city of Gatlinburg. The view is a panorama of beauty without equal year round. Enjoy Higher Learning, an educational experience from the Space Needle’s perspective, with free view finders!
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Managers and employees”
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

This place is ran by high schoolers amd nothing but diva talk on the job and are all buddies so it was very hard to make a complaint while I had alreaady spend 200.00 on game tokens within two days and be treated like crap by a employee that seemed to ne friends with manager amd after my husband complained for me they all taalked and made me feel like crap.. We will return for are points to a prize but will spend no more money there we had planned to spend three more nights.of pkay time therr but will mot be unless we can see a real matire manager theere and not kids that treaT customers crappy. Rude to my child because she dropped her candy and rude to me about taking my.pizza order..

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Safer than u think ! Steel stuctures are meant to sway and bend for safety.”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

As a local of Gatlinburg , I can honestly tell u in my 35 years of visiting the business, I personally have never had a bad or unsafe experience . As for the observation deck of the Space Needle, I do agree it needs alittle TLC ( mainly to be inclosed because some torrist think it is cute to spit or throw things off the top ) . That being said, that is not the faught of the business but, the people doing it . As for the swaying of the deck with or without wind , it is natural for a steel structure of such height to sway . If it did not sway you would have a problem . Tall buildings are designed to move ,exspecially steel structures or they will break . It is what Keeps them from collapsing . If it did not sway with the wind ( or the Earths movment ) it would twist and crumble to the ground .Also it is not like walking on a tin roof as a reviewer stated! And the elevator's floor is not glass either! I hope everyone who visits my beautiful hometown has a chance to go to the top and take a look at the reason I go to the observation deck atleast a dozen times a year .

1 Thank ChanMartin
Glasgow, Kentucky
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“You can see everywhere.”
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

This was fun. My buddy & I enjoyed this. It was really fun getting to see all over Gatlinburg. It was really relaxing too. I made some great pictures & got some great video. I think everyone would enjoy this to see all the sights.

3 Thank RickyDewayne
Sylacauga, Alabama
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“a sight to see”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

my now husband and I shared our first new years kiss her in 2011. Gatlinburg does their ball drop from the space needle and its just plain ole' awesome! the crowd was great and the fireworks were beautiful! we returned this year and got to see it in the daylight. not much to look at really but lots of great memories.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank BamaBelle9
From the South
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Worth going up at least once!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I don't like heights and went anyway with my daughter and husband. Views are breathtaking! I'm glad I went , I just didn't stay up there too long! If you haven't tried it then you should even if just to say you have!!! :)

Visited December 2012