“This was an extremely romantic place to stay.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baskins Creek Nestle Inn

Baskins Creek Nestle Inn
Ranked #50 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Cookeville, Tennessee
“This was an extremely romantic place to stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Everything about the room was perfect except for the fireplace. It did not work and no one apologized.
Other than the fireplace we loved the room and enjoyed our stay. The hotel was exceptionally clean. We loved being able to check into the room without ever having to go to the front office.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Hurleygurley

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Statesville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is the second time we've stayed at Baskins Creek Nestle Inn! We stay two years ago in room 104 and then the week of Halloween this year in 104!! The service was amazing...We were able to check in 3 hrs early. They made sure we had clean towels every day, and were just really sweet people in general. They were very attentive. The room was very clean and organized. Then on Thursday Morning (we still had two nights left) we got the call my mom was in the hospital. We let them know we were leaving...we didn't ask for a refund or expect one...but the morning I woke up to a refund for our remaining time...when we return to Gatlinburg next year we will be staying at the Nestle Inn...hopefully we'll get 'our' room! Thank you BCNI for a wonderful experience and for truly care for your clients.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

I can't give a higher rating than AVERAGE due to all the issues we had....

Very reasonable rate stay 3 nights get the 4th free, a promo rate! Before I booked I viewed the rooms on line, so I knew what the room looked like. Cute and Quaint room I would like to have rented a larger bed/room.
Great check in, pay before you arrive no need to wait in line to check in, you are given your room entry code which you just key into the door panel. You will receive a call if your room is ready before check in time of 4pm or you call at 2pm for the door entry code and if your room is ready you will be told then that you can go ahead to your room, no need to wait until 4pm. When you receive your confirmation email it states ‘stop by the office during your stay to say “hello,” I don’t know why as Shelby could have cared less to have you as a paying customer or happy that she has a job in this economy. She only, cared about taking a ‘smoke’ break. Unlike when I called and spoke to her over the phone, both Shelby and Sandy were very NICE.
We stayed in room 110 cost of $258.78 with a double bed that had very thin sheets and a thin bedspread but no extra blanket, so I went to the office I did ask for one and Shelby was surprised that there was not one in the room even though I told her I had been through the drawers and there was none nor was there one on the top clothing rack, she gave me a king size blanket. Room is a cute, quite quaint room with a warm gas fireplace that is set on a timer and a window unit in the kitchen. No iron or ironing board unless you go to the office and request to borrow one which I knew ahead of time that I would have to ask for one, which I did. When Shelby handed me the iron and board both were filthy. Why would management provide you with something filthy? I had to place a bath hand towel on the ironing board cover and I ran water vinegar (good thing I had a small amount with me in my make-up bag) through the iron and tried to clean the steam holes with a Q-tip. This barely helped so I was sure not to iron using the steam method. I didn’t ask for a replacement as Shelby was the one that gave me the iron and ironing board in the 1st place, she could have seen what shape they both were in when she handed them to me. No surprise to why the coffee pot and bathroom shower needed better cleaning! Under the clothing rack is a small refrigerator/freezer in which the freezer was in need of defrosting. No standing luggage rack, we place one suitcase on the floor under the clothing rack next to the refrigerator, one suitcase above the TV on the TV/dresser cabinet and a duffle bag over under the front window sill. This juggling did work for 2, but would have been nice for the refrigerator/freezer moved into the kitchen where the garbage can sat and the garbage can moved next to the kitchen cabinet and wall. The kitchen has a 2 pot hot plate, coffee maker, drain board and enough pots and pans and serving ware to cook/eat from. Coffee, paper towels, soap detergent and kitchen linens provided. Small bathroom (soap bars and toilet paper provided) with a nice shower enclosure but needed to be treated with Clorox to remove the mold mildew. There is no heat in the bathroom, no blow dryer and no shampoo, no bathroom sink and no hooks/hangers not even on the back of the door; there is only the towel rack over the toilet, which doesn’t hold much and you need to be careful for the item not to fall into the toilet. You use the kitchen sink and no hooks to hang your wet towels or PJ’s on and you use the mirror to shave or put your makeup on that is attached to one of the kitchen cabinets…hey it works!
When we arrived the room only had one large towel, one medium towel, hand towel and wash cloths, not enough for 2 people? On our first morning I got up to make coffee and when I lifted the lid the inside basket was full of old coffee grounds and mold mildew…..I almost got sick then the thought of how many guest had drank from this coffee pot!! The maids should have to run vinegar and water through the coffee pots once a month or at least twice a month according to how much time is between coffee makings. I went to go to the office and remembered that the office wasn’t open this early. I looked outside and saw a maintenance van and I went on a mission to find the driver. I found the maintenance man hard at work, when I told him of the coffee pot dilemma he was a disturbed as I was about finding the coffee pot in this filth! He immediately went inside the office to locate another coffee pot; he came out with a not much better looking coffee pot than was in room 110. He told me that he would locate a coffee pot and would put it in my room. When we arrived back in our room later that night there sat on the kitchen counter a BRAND NEW coffee pot! There is a small board trim around the entire wall of wall paper boarder, in which the nails that hold it on the wall was missing un be nonce to us on our second night Mr. got up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and one of the lose trim boards caught his arm between his wrist to elbow and ripped his skin open. I was unaware that this had happened until the next morning when I saw a sock on his hand-arm. He had placed a paper towel and to hold it on he placed one of his socks over his hand-arm. On our way out that morning I saw the same maintenance man, as I approached him I told him again thanks for the coffee pot and that coffee had been great that morning. When I began to tell him about the board trim missing nails and that Mr. had cut open his arm during the night and that the nails needed to be placed in the trim. He didn’t seem as joyous as the first encounter with him but he listened. Upon our arrival back to the room that night no nails had been placed in the trim boards? On the day we were getting ready to leave there were two maids, two doors down, coming out of the room door, I spoke to the maid’s they did not return a greeting and seemed to be unfriendly. They should have been happy, I had kept room 110 clean and they never had to make my bed once! I will say that Nestles Inn does not cram the “save the water program in reuse your towel over and over” speech. When we did place the clean the room sign on the door we always had clean bath and kitchen towels.
As we were leaving on the 4th day I saw Shelby outside the office so we stopped and I got out of the car and told her what had happened with the trim not being nailed down and she only gave me a look and never once appeared as if she cared or to even ask how Mr.’s arm was! Not even I’m sorry it had happened and how was he doing or thanks for staying and come back?
If we should stay at Baskin Creek Nestle Inn I hope things have improved with Housekeeping and Office Management!

Pros:
Good location but turning onto the street may appear a bit scary due to the surrounding buildings but we had no issues
Gas timer fireplace
Fairly solid room walls
Rustic chairs
Small quaint room
No dust except for the plastic potted plant in the corner of the room with Christmas lights that are not working, but would be nice to have used as a night light
Mirrors- one on the kitchen cabinet door, a full length on the outside of the bathroom door, one over the fireplace, and one at the door opening wall. Maybe so many as to have the room appear larger than it actually is

Cons:
Unfriendly service employees
Not one hanging hook to hang a dish towel or bath towel
No luggage rack stand
Unclean coffee pot
Unclean ironing board cover and iron
Thin, but clean bedspreads
No flat screen TV’s

Room Tip: Chose a queen or king bed for more room. Rooms near the office are larger. Honeymoon suites are up...
1 Thank Kitty K
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

While the size of the place was nice and the price was great I suffered a yeast infection while my boyfriend got a UTI after staying here which must have come from the indoor hot tub that wasn't chlorinated. The bedroom was also tiny which wasn't fairly represented in the online photos and the bathroom and bedroom walls were dirty. We stayed in Honeymoon Condo #11.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jenny W
Ashland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband and I went this October We were so looking forward to the honey moon suit we had rented. The room was clean but the it was a complete lie of what was told to us on line and on the phone. The motel needs to be upgraded. We also had no help with luggage and no privacy we could hear everything that went on in the next room. The creek is not by the room and the porch isn't private really wished it was a little more luxurious. comparing it to the other places this was a dump AND A BAD AREA ..........PLUS THE SERVICE LEFT AT NIGHT AND NO ONE KEPT A EYE ON THE PLACE WE HAD PEOPLE SCREAMING AND WALKING AROUND DRUNK FROM THE BAR RIGHT DOWN FROM THE ROOM ......
we rented a honey moon room and that was far from what we got if it was it was a very cheap one from the looks of things!!!

Room Tip: There is no free trollies that take you places earthier .... you pay .50 and that is only at a troll...
1 Thank Sarah B
Cullman, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Just a quick note to express our total enjoyment of our vacation stay at Baskin Creek Cabins. We
have a special needs grandson that requires a ramp to make access to the room much easier. The accomodating people at Baskin Creek rentals supplied us with the Big Bear Cabin at Pigeon Forge. It was a perfect fit for our stay. We are beginning to plan for our next trip and they
will include a stay at Baskin Creek.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Covington, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Just got back from a weekend at the Nestle Inn. We stayed in room 111, a standard king room. It was just as described on the website. Very comfy and cozy! The king bed was very comfortable, and the large stone fireplace was beautiful! We loved the way the room was decorated, made if feel more like home than your run of the mill hotel room. And I loved that the bed sheets weren't white! They were a pretty rose color! The location was great, just a short, easy walk to the Village entrance. The only thing that kept this from being an excellent review was that the room did have a bit of a musty smell. We were able to open the window because the weather was nice, and that took care of it. Other than that, the room was clean and well kept. This was a great value as well. With what we saved on the room, we were able to enjoy more of the town. I would recommend this room to others!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple