“2nd time staying” 4 of 5 bubbles

Laurel Inn Condominiums
fort myers fl
“2nd time staying”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Our condo was on the fifth floor with a beautiful view of downtown gatlinburg, Condo was clean bed very comfortable. tv remote didnt work went down to the office manager very nice and very friendly tried to fix it asked if we wanted a different unit told her no we would change channels the old fashion way. Laundry room great to do laundry. Kitchen small but works for breakfast 2 burners coffee maker toaster and toaster oven. little table and chairs . only complant was sofa was old and you sunk into it and it has seen better days BUT that is not the complex fault the condos are owned by people who rent them out some probably don't even visit . will stay again just make sure the sofa is comfortable next time

Room Tip: higher up better view we even saw a bear next door
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

I was a little worried when I booked online because of the great price but once we got to our room I was pleasantly suprised. Great room in a great location. The jacuzzi in the room was just right for 2. ( we are not small people) Would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank hungryvisitor
Hanceville, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed for a weekend at Laurel Inn in Unit 204. I've read several reviews mentioning dated decor...or outdated decor...as you wish. I don't personally pay much attention to such matters. I simply look for centrally located, clean lodging that is nicely priced. What I got was a condo that was very, very clean and located very close to the strip...with some of the most courteous service I've yet witnessed...with a nice little pool and great parking...all at a really nice price...and with some nice views! I will definitely come back.

Trade-offs? None that really matter. I've seen limited counter space in some of the kitchens mentioned. I'll second that for 204. I would personally remove the carpet. Yet the place was so incredibly clean and comfortable and well located that I'll just leave it at that.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Randall B
Bel Air, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

My husband and I have been to Pigeon Forge Tennessee before and really enjoyed it, so when we went down this time we decided to stay in the beautiful area of Gatlinburg. We decided to pick the Laurel Inn Condos after reading some nice online reviews from previous stayers . We found the staff to be very friendly especially Lynda, and very helpful in pointing out events and activities around the area. We stayed in room 406 which was only okay for two people. I dont recommend this room for long stayers or more than two people. The sofa bed needs to be replaced !! along with the a lot of the cooking utensils but my husband enjoyed the firm bed. We very much liked the location of the Inn and decided on going back in September, but will be staying in a different room. I MUST add that the main desk clerk Lynda was wonderful in helping us in every way she could.. Thank you Lynda!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Odon, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

This condo is very underrated! My fiancé and I stayed in room 303 in early August 2012. The room was perfect for us with a heart shaped hot tub, big living room, nice kitchenette, clean bathroom, and big bedroom. I have a bad back but the bed was so comfortable here that I woke up every day feeling great! The place was very clean and NO BEDBUGS or any other bugs of any kind. The best part of this condo (besides its price) is its location. It’s a little ways off the main strip so it’s quiet and peaceful, but a quick walk down the stairs to the left of the condo takes your down to the Parkway right at the Ripley’s Believe It Or Not Museum and a quick walk the opposite way (down the road that leads to the condo) leads right out to the Ripley’s Aquarium. So depending on where you want to go, the condo is very evenly placed where about a 10 minute walk in either direction will get you to wherever you want on the Parkway. This was so convenient and way more peaceful than condos or hotels right on the main strip. The price was very reasonably and the staff was very helpful (our garbage disposal wasn’t working and within a half hour they had someone there to fix it.) The views from outside our door and windows were beautiful, there is a pool (but we didn’t have time to use it) and like I said, the staff is great. Linda, the lady at the front desk, is terrific! I recommend the Laurel Inn to anyone, especially couples, ready for a nice and very reasonably priced stay in a relaxing and fun town. I love Gatlinburg and can’t wait to come back, where I will be staying at Laurel Inn again! :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chelsey B
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Don't trust the management here. I made reservations a month ago amd two days later call and canceled. Even with the cancellation number I was still charged today for one night stay. I havw stayed one other time with this place and the only good this about it was the pool. I would recommend anyone thinking of staying here, to not stay.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank moorer1
Suwanee, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at Laurel Inn over the 4th of July. We made last minute reservations and were not quite sure what we had booked. The staff, Linda, was so incredibly nice and assured us that we had a nice room which we did. The room (409) was very clean, much larger than expected and extremely comfortable. Although the design was a bit outdated with more of a country theme, you knew you were in place that was well maintained and that the owners took pride in this condo. The kitchenette was between the living room and bedroom and was well equipped for a kitchenette. As we were leaving we were able to look into room 401 (I believe) which was 2 br with a patio, and was very updated. I believe that every condo is different. If you're into hiking don't miss the Alam Cave Bluffs Trail.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple