“Lovely Bed and Breakfast!”

The Foxtrot Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 8 Gatlinburg B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 24, 2010

I looked long and hard for a nice B&B near Gatlinburg, as I did not want to be near "The Strip" with all its noise and people. The Foxtrot fit the bill. We loved the food, the room (most comfortable bed ever -- hands down), and the location. I had no problem with the 9 am breakfast around the community table, nor did I have a problem with Bob's history stories about the area. Nor did I have a problem with his blessing at breakfast--even though I don't do this in my own home. I loved that our room had a fridge, which Bob kept stocked with complimentary water and sodas.

My husband did find Bob a little rigid, but I figure this is his home and he can do as he chooses. Once he oriented us to his home, he left us alone.

I found this to be a very classy B&B; my husband prefers a more "laid back" style of B&B. Had I wanted to cram lots of activities in each day, I do think the 9 am breakfast would have hindered that. But, we were there to chill out, and it was perfect for the "do nothing" type of vacation.

The B&B is 3,300 feet up the side of a mountain. And the view is spectacular. The winding road up to the B&B was fun to drive -- but not if you suffer from vertigo! Our GPS had no problem finding the Foxtrot.

I would have loved it if Bob had told a 5-minute story at breakfast, then left the guests alone to chat with each other. The large, decorative centerpiece at the dining room table prohibited us from talking to the couple at the end. I think they felt a little left out.

I would go back in a heartbeat. My husband probably wouldn't. I like elegant, he likes rustic.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 4, 2010

My husband went to the Foxtrot to celebrate my Birthday and for rest and relaxation from a hectic summer. The price was a bit steep for us, but well worth it. This bed and breakfast has the best view of the mountains ever. Simply breathtaking.

The hostess is an outstanding cook, and her husband a very good storyteller who is well versed on their family history as well as that of Gatlingburg.

When you feel like crawling into a peaceful cave, and to get away from it all, this is the place to go. Oh, and the shopping is good too!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2010

As a regular visitor to Gatlinburg and the Smokies, I'm familiar with a number of the rentals and B&Bs on the mountain. What I didn't expect was how nice the overall experience at the Foxtrot would be.

The house is immaculate, and very comfortable. Tne furnishings in the bedroom were top quality from the antique cedar bed to the oh so comfortable mattress and pillows.

Downstairs there are scenic views from the deck and a very comfortable living room complete with books, DVDs and lots of "art". Home made snacks are provided every night.

I saved the best for last - breakfast. I can't name any restaurant in Gatlinburg that serves food such as this. If you are dieting, write this off as a splurge day, sit back and enjoy it. It was truly a wonderful meal served by two very attentive people.

In my opinion the Foxtrot is the best B&B I have ever stayed in and I recommend it without reservation.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Fox Trot B&B for our Anniversary and it was a great experience. I loved the breakfast and the jacuzzi tub was very relaxing. The view from the patio is breathtaking, you can see for miles. It is a great place to watch the sun set!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2010

Arrived thursday evening after long trip in car to the smell of fresh baked cake , had an exellent nights sleep on king size,comfortable , bed. Woke up to fresh coffee and incredible 3 course breakfast, with fantastic views of mountians. We toured area all day and returned to another great night of rest and another fantastic breakfast next morning. Hosts were very friendly and informative about area and attractions . Would love to return when leaves are changihg

Reviewed August 13, 2010

We stayed four nights and really enjoyed it. Learned a lot of history that we didn't know from Bob and others. We really enjoyed seeing the black bear walking up the driveway and the cats, Fleur, DeLis and I-forget-her-name were very friendly and we enjoyed having them there.
The only drawback would be finding the Foxtrot as we are from the flatlands. The roads are twisting, which we shoud have expected. Several couples we met had GPS navigation systems and that helped. I started to give four stars for location, but understand that it is my fault--and an opportunity to purchase a GPS!
The professional chef/owner, Shirley, is a great chef and served excellent breakfasts. There are 3 courses and truly delicious. Shirley and Bob said they learned in New Orleans that you COULD serve dessert after breakfast and did just that. We were satiated with bread pudding, pear tart, creme brulee---all perfect. This was just dessert and I could go on and on about the quiche, the baked apple french toast, the fritatta and polenta, etc. but I won't. Delicious!
And with each meal, Bob also served up wonderful stories of the rich history of the people and the customs of the Smokey Mountains. He was always ready to answer questions regarding the local folklore and to offer excellent suggestions for what to see and where to eat -- other than breakfast, of course.
And, we enjoyed the other guests tremendously;. We have determined that a B&B usually has well traveled, life experienced travelers. Our experience at Foxtrot was not an exception. The other guests were interesting, charming, helpful -- good companions who shared the road of new discoveries.
Our accommodations were very good and we appreciated all that was offered. There was a huge library available to all guests. We took advantage of it.
We found the Foxtrot experience to be highly valued.

Reviewed August 9, 2010

My fiancé and I had an amazing weekend stay at this beautiful B&B! I'll give you the quick highs and lows:
Incredible location - tucked all the way at the top of the mountain
Quiet and away from the hustle and bustle
Beautiful views of the park from the B&B balcony
Gourmet 3-couse breakfast every morning
Yummy cake/dessert baked each day for the late afternoon/evening
Convenient coffee and tea machine available at all times
Friendly owners and great attention to all detail
Clean and modern bedrooms and bathrooms (we were staying in the 'Roaring Fork' downstairs)
Cozy living room with fireplace and hundreds of books to read, if you'd like to
Little extra touches, like chocolates on the pillow along with tomorrow's forecast, etc

Breakfast served once each day at 9 am (8 am on Sundays), so if you are not an early morning person you don't have the flexibility of eating later
The owners have some merchandise available for sale (i.e. cookbooks, Foxtrot accessories, etc) and you may feel at certain points in time that you're being given a sales speech

Overall, we loved our short stay at this B&B and I'd love to go back sometime! Highly recommended.

3  Thank shinoosh61