“Great view,warm and welcoming stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Gatlinburg North
Ranked #18 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Pearl River, Louisiana
“Great view,warm and welcoming stay”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The Inn is close enough to Downtown Gatlinberg where you can walk or take a complimentry trolley which is great ;( parking in downtown is very expensive ) ; the staff was exceptional ,service wonderful; first visit and stay in over 10 years in Downtown Gatlinberg; the cost of the stay was most reasonal ;amenities super;indoor pool and large jacuzzi pool in same area; they do cater to smoking guest -their is a nice deck area off the lobby ;rooms clean and neat; big bathroom-large size mirror for when you need to look your best;right next door a great putt-putt golf ;security cameras in parking areas;breakfast included great for when you eat healthy ;also has Pancake house next door ;would definitely stay again on next visit to area

Room Tip: stay on first floor ;king beds are a must!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
canton, ohio
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We have stayed at this Fairfield location since it opened and each visit, including this one, has been fine. The hotel is kept in good condition and is safe. The staff at the desk is professional and the breakfast area is neat and clean, although the typical Fairfield free breakfast. I will say that the property is starting to show its age and my only complaint was housekeeping knocking on the door and attempting to come in 9:30 on a Saturday morning. Some folks like to be out late at night in a vacation town. It is a short walk into Gatlinburg so the location is perfect.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had stayed in this hotel before and had a relaxing visit in one of the suites on the back side facing into the woods. So we were planning to celebrate our 47th anniversary and decided to return to this hotel. We had seen mixed reviews on tripadvisor, but we decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. We checked in around 1pm and had a nice suite on the back side again on the third floor...with no problems so far. We turned the AC to max cooling because it was stuffy in the room and went out for lunch and a round of mini golf at the nearby course. As we were leaving, we noticed that the ice maker on the third floor was not working.....we had seen that mentioned in an earlier review, but had thought it would be repaired by now. On the elevator, we talked with a maintanence man and when we asked him about it, he said it needed a part and he had no idea when they were going to order it. When we returned to the room, it had not cooled down any at all...it was at least 10degrees cooler in the hallway than in the room. I called the front desk and asked to be moved to another room and since we had to move anyway, I asked for the second floor since the ice maker was broken on the third floor. Casey, the desk attendant , said he would be right up to show me what was wrong with the AC. He proceeded to lecture me on turning the AC to max cooling......"you cannot do that in Tenn because of the humidity..it will freeze up the unit." We travel a lot...and this is never a problem. By the way, Florida friends...according to Casey, humidity is not a problem..in FL...it is a dry climate! News to me! Lol ! Well, he fooled with the unit and it was not frozen up and he just could not figure out what the problem was. I asked to move again and he said I just wanted to move because of the ice maker and begin to argue that the room was not too warm. I asked if he had another room or not....that we didn't care which floor as long as the AC worked. He was very sassy in his reply, " I have plenty of empty rooms!" To which I asked , "then why are we even having this conversation?" My husband went with him to see another room...and it was even hotter than the first one. Casey again fooled with the AC unit and the said that it was set right...he just didn't know what was wrong with it too! So we told him we would be checking out and wanted our money back. When I went to front desk while my husband reloaded our car...the man on the desk did not know how to check me out! So while I was waiting for Casey to do it...another guest came to the desk and said his TV was not working! Too bad, so sad....a hotel with lovely suites with non working ice machine, AC units and TVs. Where is maintanence? We checked out and had a wonderful stay in the Hampton Inn in Pigeon Forge.....everything worked at the hotel and the front desk people were very professional! When I told Casey that the front desk has received bad reviews on tripadvisor and that I would be posting another one....he was totally unconcerned !

Room Tip: The suites are very nice when the AC works !
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Dan S
Mundelein, Illinois
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed in August for one night with a family of 4. 2 kids ages 22, 23 and 2 adults. The beds were very comfy and the linens were white and clean. We enjoyed the breakfast in the morning too. Did not get to use the pool. But it was smaller than expected. It did have a slide for the kids. It is on the outskirts of town. But I liked it away from all the congestion of downtown Gatlinburg.
Would definitely recommend this hotel

1 Thank Donna C
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I must admit that I was a little worried after reading some reviews but this place was perfect!
We have two kids ages 5 and 7 and they LOVED the pool/water slide. Breakfast was awesome with plenty to eat and a nice variety to choose from. The breakfast area was sometimes a little crowded with no place to sit as the seating is minimal.But that is not a big deal for us. There is also seating in the lobby nearby. Friendly staff, nice comfy beds, clean... no complaints. We will be back.

The only thing that my husband did not like was that the security camera outside near the pool entrance was facing toward the wall.

SC
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My family and I visited Gatlinburg this past weekend and stayed in the Fairfield Inn & Suites. We arrived late Friday night and check-in was smooth and easy. We were 4 adults and 1 child and we shared a room with 2 double beds. Although it was slightly small for all of us, we managed to make it work and didn't spend much time in the room outside of sleeping and showering. The room did include a desk, flat screen tv and nice size bathroom. It was a clean room as well. Nothing over top or super modern, but was great for the price. The hotel included free breakfast which was great! Eggs, sausage patties, biscuits, all sorts of bread, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, coffee, juice as well as a make your own waffle station. It was a bit congested around 8:30-9 am so I would suggest going a bit earlier. I utilized the gym early on Sunday morning and when heading back to my room around 7 am there were only few guests milling about in the dining area so if you're looking to eat during a quieter time I suggest going early. They also had outdoor seating for breakfast, but there wasn't much space which was unfortunate b/c the weather was perfect during our stay.

Our room faced the mountains so we were able to get a great night's sleep the entire trip. No noise whatsoever. The hotel has an indoor and outdoor pool, the outdoor pool being geared more towards children sine it's only around 3.5 feet deep. My niece loved it though! It included a slide that she enjoyed very much. My dad and I enjoyed the indoor pool since it was 5 ft deep and allowed us to swim laps. There was also a jacuzzi we all enjoyed briefly inside. The gym was basic, but clean. There was an elliptical, treadmill and bike. Since I was up early I worked out around 6:15am on Sunday morning I was able to enjoy the gym by myself and didn't need to worry about sharing the equipment.

The hotel is located right between Pigeon Forge and the center of Gatlinburg so it was a great location. The only downside was the trolley system. We hoped to take the trolley into town (Gatlinburg) so we wouldn't have to drive and pay to park, but upon arrival at the trolley stop outside of the hotel we met another family who had been waiting for about 40 mins for the trolley to arrive and supposedly it should come every 30 mins. So we opted to walk to town instead. It's about 1.3 miles into town so if the sun isn't shining too brightly it's actually a nice, easy walk. I would definitely stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites again! Great prices, breakfast and location!

4 Thank Caramelle1
Reviewed August 25, 2013

The hotel at Gatlinburg is beautiful inside and out. Outside it has a cabin-like appearance. Inside it is well decorated with a nice clean smell. The rooms are clean and comfortable. There is a patio area with a view of the trees, wonderful for mornings and fresh air. The breakfast team is fabulous and hardworking. The gentleman and the ladies that make up the team are very welcoming.

This hotel is a few minutes away from Dollywood.

• Stayed August 2013