“Rude staff!”

Ranked #19 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Rude staff!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I was trying to get a quote for a block of rooms for next July. I called the hotel and Claudette answers the phone. I asked for the sales office. She said she is working sales. So I proceeded to tell her what I needed. When she gave me the quote I told her I needed that in writing. She said I couldn't get it in writing unless I paid. I'm planning this event next year and every other hotel I've called all sent a quote by email. So she said if I want it in writing then I need to call back Monday and talk to Sales. Now I'm confused because she said in the beginning of the call she was working in sales! So I said to her, if you wasn't working in sales or couldn't help me, you should have transferred me to someone who could! Before I could finish my sentence, she started yelling and hung up on me...some Southern Hospitality! I called Marriott customer service and got a sweet girl who helped me and turned the whole mood around. Still not sure if I want to hold my event there because of the bad taste Claudette left in my mouth! Claudette is very rude and if this is how their hotel does business, I won't be staying there now or later! There are plenty of other hotels in the area to choose from! Don't get me wrong, the hotel is nice (been there before) but their staff is rude and needs to be retrained in their customer service skills!

Room Tip: On the trolley stop
Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank Annayet23

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Kanata, Canada
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed here on a family vacation and really enjoyed it. The hotel is well located, about a 10 minute walk from the Ripley's Aquarium and the shops and restaurants in Gatlinburg, and just a short 5 to 10 minute drive to the other attractions in Pigeon Forge.

The hotel is well-maintained and very clean, and service was very good. The included breakfast was good with decent variety (eggs, waffles, cereal, fruit, bagels, etc.), but given the number of people staying at the hotel, finding a place to sit and eat was sometimes a challenge.

The pools are small, but the waterslide at the outdoor pool was a lot of fun for me and the kids and the indoor pool was very warm and relaxing after a long day of activities.

We would definitely be happy to stay at this hotel again, and I think it represents exceptional value for money.

2 Thank CanadianBeachJunkie
Knightdale, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Chain Hotel that is good for the Kids

This was our second stay at this property, which a very nice Fairfield. The hotel is centrally located to both downtown Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. Sadly it is in the middle of neither.

The hotel has a small outdoor pool that can be heated with zero entry and a water slide. The kids love it.

Immediately outside the hotel is a trolley stop and mini golf. If the well provided for breakfast bar is not for you, local chain Flap Jacks is immediately adjacent to the hotel.

The hotel boasts a stream side, which is somewhat disingenuous if that is your draw. There is ample parking, but the lots get miked in with trolley, mini golf, and restaurant visitors, which can put people staying there in the boonies. There is also a single elevator, which can get backed up during peaks.

The staff is courteous and professional. Much better than many Fairfields.

Room Tip: We picked one by the pool, which does not provide access to the pool but is nice for keeping an eye...
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

The wife and I booked a suite for our 10 year anniversary. When I went into the lobby to register, the young man behind the counter told me that there had been a mistake; my reservation was for September instead. Wow! Not only did they drop the ball on me on my anniversary, but they put us in a tough predicament trying to find another place to stay at the last minute on the busiest weekend of the year. What did they do to try to fix it? Nothing but told me to check at light number 3, that there should be some openings at the Holiday Inn and if they are booked then we are "hit." Wow! The good lord teaches us patience and kindness so I didn't make a scene about it, smiled and thanked them for their time and left. Thankfully old faithful, "Music Road"' wasn't booked. They even gave me a discount after they heard what had happened. Now that, my friend, is how you succeed in your business!

• Stayed August 2013
9 Thank Harvey11b
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

This was a great hotel in a great location. The staff was very friendly and proficient. The pool are was great for the kids. The only complaint was there was several areas of mold in the bathroom. Otherwise very enjoyable.

• Stayed August 2013
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Second time staying here and a Silver member. For the value, the location was ok, but plan to do a lot of walking or paying for parking if going to Gatlinburg. Do not count on the trolley making runs, because it is VERY sporadic. The staff at the hotel were all top of the line, accommodating and friendly. The morning breakfast food has a better offering than last year. One thing on the beds- many of the pillows are a bit lumpy and uncomfortable, however with the several included in the room, a comfortable selection was found.

1 Thank Mike O
Cleveland, Tennessee
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed at the Fairfield for a weekend micro-cation as a family. I grew up near Knoxville and came to Pigeon Forge, Sevierville, and Gatlinburg often with family and groups. I'm also a Marriott Gold Member and have stayed at numerous properties throughout the country.

This hotel ranks as very good family location. In Gatlinburg but not far enough in to be hampered by traffic or noise, the Fairfield offers clean, affordable, decent sized rooms. The pool is perfect families with small children. We have a toddler and 6 year old and they both enjoyed the slide, graded entry and water umbrella.

I made a mistake booking the room thinking that there was a pull out sofa in the King room. The staff was very helpful in trying to accommodate my mistake. They went out of their way to rebook another room the following day and even moved our stuff for us while we were out and about. I've been to many more posh properties, but this one has southern hospitality from the front desk to housekeeping.

We enjoy staying here and will most likely be back when we bring the entire family. It is not necessarily a couples location as there are many families with young children running around.

Room Tip: Ask for the 2 queens room with a balcony. It overlooks the pool and is a good place to dry wet cloth...
2 Thank LeeFilmProf