“Smoky Mountain Getaway”

Ranked #17 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Cleveland, Tennessee
“Smoky Mountain Getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed at the Fairfield for a weekend micro-cation as a family. I grew up near Knoxville and came to Pigeon Forge, Sevierville, and Gatlinburg often with family and groups. I'm also a Marriott Gold Member and have stayed at numerous properties throughout the country.

This hotel ranks as very good family location. In Gatlinburg but not far enough in to be hampered by traffic or noise, the Fairfield offers clean, affordable, decent sized rooms. The pool is perfect families with small children. We have a toddler and 6 year old and they both enjoyed the slide, graded entry and water umbrella.

I made a mistake booking the room thinking that there was a pull out sofa in the King room. The staff was very helpful in trying to accommodate my mistake. They went out of their way to rebook another room the following day and even moved our stuff for us while we were out and about. I've been to many more posh properties, but this one has southern hospitality from the front desk to housekeeping.

We enjoy staying here and will most likely be back when we bring the entire family. It is not necessarily a couples location as there are many families with young children running around.

Room Tip: Ask for the 2 queens room with a balcony. It overlooks the pool and is a good place to dry wet cloth...
2 Thank LeeFilmProf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

I booked the room with Harrison, he was very accommodating every time I called with more questions about the room, cleanliness etc. When I checked in he made sure that our room was EXTRA clean since I have some what of a phobia when it comes to cleanliness. The front desk staff was young and a bit unprofessional with eating behind the desk and not quite what I was used to, but they were nice and very accommodating. The one experience I had with and older staff member Casey was not pleasant so I guess older doesn't mean much after all.

Our room was very nice and our bed was super comfy! I can't say the same about the pull out sofa bed. The bathroom was roomy and clean.

The maintenance man on staff was very friendly and always cleaning something, so much so that it always had a cleaning product smell that was pretty overpowering at times, but you knew it was clean.

The breakfast area was always jammed with people and it was a bit hard getting in and out but as long as you know it going in it was bearable.
The location of the hotel was nice. It was not in the middle of everything so it was quiet. It was a short drive to Pigeon Forge and maybe a 5 minute drive to Gatlinburg if the traffic wasn't bad.

The only real con was the pool and hot tub.
My son got in the hot tub and pool the first day we were there and that was the last time because when he came back his trunks smelled so bad of sulfur it took 2 washes to get the smell out.

Mason, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed here over the 4th of July holiday. We had a wonderful experience. The room was clean and updated, breakfast was great, and the free trolley stops in the parking lot. I couldn't ask for more.

We had reservations at the Red Roof Inn down the street because the Fairfield was sold out on the first night of our trip. However, due to the very poor condition of the Red Roof property, we left after the first night of our four-night trip and were lucky to get a room at the Fairfield Inn & Suites for the rest of our weekend. It saved our vacation!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

We worked with their Director of Sales & Marketing/Social Media to create a block of room reservations for our wedding guests. After we checked in, the General Manager of the hotel visited with us and helped us place bags for our guests at the front desk for check-in. Both were available to us if we would have had any problems, but we didn't. Our guests liked the trolley stop, easy access at the first light in Gatlinburg, and across Dudley Creek Road to East Parkway. We were able to use these shortcuts to get our guests to our wedding and reception and avoid traffic in town. Hotel was clean, staff were courteous, our guests felt safe.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bruce M
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

THis hotel was certainly not ordinary farfield Inn, this was a resort like hotel that had a pool with a waterslide, it looked decorated like a mountain themed cabin hotel. The rooms were not that special, but ceratinly very clean and nice. It is good for a vacation, not really passing through

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Service was good. Property is gorgeous. But our room had mold in it or at least a bad moldy smell. I thought I could get used to it (no other rooms available), but I didn't. Made me feel like everything was dirty.

Room Tip: Room 215 is moldy
7 Thank Bbond89
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice place to stay when visiting Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge. If you plan on going between the two places this is a great location but if you want to walk, it's going to be quite a hike. This hotel is a great compromise between high-end super expensive resorts and the seemingly popular "Jim Bob's Motor Lodges" that are everywhere around here.
The room was nice (We got the suite with the in-room jacuzzi tub.). Everything was clean and worked the way it was supposed to. The bed was comfortable and even though our room faced the road, it was very quiet. I usually don't sleep well at hotels and any noise keeps me awake. I didn't have that problem here.
We didn't eat the breakfast and instead opted for Flapjacks Pancakes next to the hotel. It's nice to have that option if you don't want to eat your traditional continental hotel breakfast. It looked like pretty good food though.
The staff was very helpful. The only thing that concerned me was when I called to get reservations. The young man on the phone seemed bored and after taking my name, credit card info, and check-in info, simply said "um ok." and hung up. I was left wondering if I actually had reservations or did I just give my credit info to some random kid on the phone. Luckily everything was in order even though they didn't take my email to send a confirmation.
Again, a great price and location unless you prefer to be at a sketchy "motor lodge" amidst the never ending crowd of sleeveless camo button up shirts and smokers right down town.

• Stayed June 2013