“Good clean room.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
New Jersey
“Good clean room.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed here one night and was very pleased with my room with 2 queen beds. As a Marriott Platinum elite member, I didn't get upgraded, but a lot of the nicer area hotels were sold out of 2-bedded rooms. I chose a room on the first floor so that I wouldn't have to deal with the elevator which seems to get crowded and busy according to the other reviews. The complimentary breakfast had a standard and decent variety of food that I've come to expect with stays at Fairfield Inns. The one complaint I'd have about breakfast is that the seating area can get filled up and the staff was very slow in cleaning up...some of the tables were very dirty. Although part of the blame goes to guests since many of them decided to leave food and empty containers on their tables when done rather than walk them over to the trash can around the corner. I made due with my table, but having to eat at a table with somebody's leftover food and some sticky stains on it was not pleasant. The staff at the front desk seemed a bit flustered at times, but were very pleasant and courteous. I would rate this property as 3 & 1/2 stars, but they provided a complimentary admission to the aquarium (a $25 plus tax value - definitely worth visiting), which warrants an additional half a star. (FYI - the aquarium is definitely worth a visit if you have the time to visit).

Room Tip: Ask for the free aquarium ticket at checkin.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Manny C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Norton, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed here in January 2013. Hotel is nice from outside, elevator is smelly, sketchy, scared me. Pool was small, kinda dirty. There was a youth group staying there at time of my stay, they decided to have a singing party in the hall at midnight. My husband and I found it impossible to sleep because of the guitar being played in front of my room. I called the desk, they acted as though I was bothering them. The kids wouldn't settle down so I started making obscene adult noises and the parents quickly shoved the teens in there rooms. The decor is terrible, it's the mountains, not a tropical paradise. Hot tub was also sketchy in room, dirty buttons broken. The bed was very clean and comfortable however. If you get a discount it's an okay place to sleep but nothing special.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CheyAnne B
Wautoma, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Since there's only the one Marriott hotel in Gatlinburg, we stayed at their Fairfield Inn & Suites. We arrived early at 2PM on 2/25/13 & our room was ready - #118. Check in was quick & easy. Room had 2 beds & was clean with bright décor. It had a fridge (bonus), flatscreen TV with sleep timer, good fast speed free wifi, great beds & bedding, bathroom was all in one (prefer sink outside; but not a deal breaker) & it had separate light & fan switches which we prefer. They have mini-golf on site. The room was dark & quiet for good sleeping. We liked the location being out of all the hub bub but only 1 mile away from the downtown area. The drive is easy & straight forward. The breakfast room was spacious with biscuits & gravy, hard boiled eggs, waffle maker & all the standard fare. We often pass through here on our road trips and would stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mason, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I booked through the hotel because Priceline is not what it used to be, and I earn points. Anyways, I arrived 30 minutes early to check in and was told they needed time to clean the rooms. This is 2:30 and check-in is at 3:00. No problem, I went over and played Ripley's Davy Crockett golf with my wife. I won! So I came back at 3:15. Still, the room was not ready. This is the week-end after Valentine's day so I realize they may have been busy. But I also thought they should have been prepared for the influx of people as well. I was told it would be another 15 minutes so I went over and stood in the lobby. The front desk people kept telling people arrived that their rooms were not ready and the lobby started to fill up. I waited fifteen minutes and had to get in line behind the growing crowd just to be noticed. At this point, people are starting to get rooms. I also noticed the manager was getting flustered and running around in a panic to get a floor fan up to a room, probably a jacuzzi suite spill. We go up to our room, a little put off at this point, and have to wade through the cleaning women. They look hung over. I open our door to the room and all my waiting was worth it. It was a very nice two-roomed suite that was very clean and elegant. Once we got settled, we went out to eat. I wish the hotel were a little closer to town because it is a long walk. While going out, we noticed that some people were still waiting in the lobby to get their room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Rhenium769
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I must say that Fairfield Inn Gatlinburg has never failed me before but, this stay was a little different. Housekeeping had missed our room, reported to the front desk and said she would notify them and it would be handled. But, upon coming back at 9pm needless to say our room was still the same as we had left it at 9:30 in the morning. Overall this property is clean, comfortable beds, and the trolley stops right in the parking lot.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rainsville, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is a very nice place to stay and a beautiful setting.One improvement is they could add another elevator only one make the stairs worth using. Rates were reasomable and staff very friendly.Would stay here again and recommend to others.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

After a 13 hr drive, the treatment received by the check in employee made me forget the exhaustion. She was very polite and eager to help in any way, the freshly made cookies and coffee on the lobby warmed the reception more. Breakfast was plentiful and freshly made. Centrally located is near all attractions. Great city and locals make you feel at home

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family