“A Gatlinburg Goodie”

Ranked #19 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Wautoma, Wisconsin
“A Gatlinburg Goodie”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Since there's only the one Marriott hotel in Gatlinburg, we stayed at their Fairfield Inn & Suites. We arrived early at 2PM on 2/25/13 & our room was ready - #118. Check in was quick & easy. Room had 2 beds & was clean with bright décor. It had a fridge (bonus), flatscreen TV with sleep timer, good fast speed free wifi, great beds & bedding, bathroom was all in one (prefer sink outside; but not a deal breaker) & it had separate light & fan switches which we prefer. They have mini-golf on site. The room was dark & quiet for good sleeping. We liked the location being out of all the hub bub but only 1 mile away from the downtown area. The drive is easy & straight forward. The breakfast room was spacious with biscuits & gravy, hard boiled eggs, waffle maker & all the standard fare. We often pass through here on our road trips and would stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Mason, Ohio
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I booked through the hotel because Priceline is not what it used to be, and I earn points. Anyways, I arrived 30 minutes early to check in and was told they needed time to clean the rooms. This is 2:30 and check-in is at 3:00. No problem, I went over and played Ripley's Davy Crockett golf with my wife. I won! So I came back at 3:15. Still, the room was not ready. This is the week-end after Valentine's day so I realize they may have been busy. But I also thought they should have been prepared for the influx of people as well. I was told it would be another 15 minutes so I went over and stood in the lobby. The front desk people kept telling people arrived that their rooms were not ready and the lobby started to fill up. I waited fifteen minutes and had to get in line behind the growing crowd just to be noticed. At this point, people are starting to get rooms. I also noticed the manager was getting flustered and running around in a panic to get a floor fan up to a room, probably a jacuzzi suite spill. We go up to our room, a little put off at this point, and have to wade through the cleaning women. They look hung over. I open our door to the room and all my waiting was worth it. It was a very nice two-roomed suite that was very clean and elegant. Once we got settled, we went out to eat. I wish the hotel were a little closer to town because it is a long walk. While going out, we noticed that some people were still waiting in the lobby to get their room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Rhenium769
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I must say that Fairfield Inn Gatlinburg has never failed me before but, this stay was a little different. Housekeeping had missed our room, reported to the front desk and said she would notify them and it would be handled. But, upon coming back at 9pm needless to say our room was still the same as we had left it at 9:30 in the morning. Overall this property is clean, comfortable beds, and the trolley stops right in the parking lot.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rainsville, Alabama, United States
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is a very nice place to stay and a beautiful setting.One improvement is they could add another elevator only one make the stairs worth using. Rates were reasomable and staff very friendly.Would stay here again and recommend to others.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami
Reviewed January 6, 2013

After a 13 hr drive, the treatment received by the check in employee made me forget the exhaustion. She was very polite and eager to help in any way, the freshly made cookies and coffee on the lobby warmed the reception more. Breakfast was plentiful and freshly made. Centrally located is near all attractions. Great city and locals make you feel at home

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I spent Christmas in Gatlinburg. We always stay at Courtyard by Marriott wherever we go, and this was the closest thing to a Courtyard in Gatlinburg so we tried it. The building itself leaves something to be desired. The elevator was scary- it made creaking, bumping sounds and was slow to open- and we heard stories of another guest getting stuck in it, so we took the stairs most of the time. The carpeting in many places was so worn that it was almost black, but I saw this in most buildings in Gatlinburg due to the insane amount of tourist traffic. It seems like everything in Gatlinburg is dingy and worn. We rented a Jacuzzi suite which was really nice considering the cold weather and all the walking we were doing. The first room we had was nice. However, on the second night, (Christmas) the Jacuzzi button broke and would not turn off. The staff handled this issue right away and gave us a new room immediately. The new room's Jacuzzi controls were really icky looking, though, and there was no stopper in the drain. There was no calling maintenance because it was Christmas Day so one of the front desk staff took a stopper from another room and gave it to us. It worked fine but the new room was not as nice. The refrigerator/microwave cart had a foot missing and every time you touched it it would teeter. There were grey scuff marks on the walls, I'm not sure what from. The staff was really accommodating when we needed to stay an extra night due to the weather and gave us a great rate on the room. The breakfast area was bright and clean and well-stocked and offered tons and tons of food including make-your-own waffles, pastries, yogurt, cereal, sausage gravy and biscuits. The front desk staff did everything they could to make our stay better, and it almost made up for the wear. But I think we'll try to find a different hotel next time we stay in Gatlinburg. --Also, our third floor room had a blanket instead of a mattress cover under the fitted sheet, like another reviewer had mentioned, which I thought was strange. The sheets kept popping off of the mattresses at night which was annoying. Also, the bath tubs were sunken in the middle like another reviewer had mentioned. I used an exfoliating scrub in the shower and it never rinsed down the drain because of the dip in the middle preventing proper drainage.

Room Tip: Corner suites are BIG but close to the cleaning closet and can be a little noisy. I believe we staye...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank River W
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed January 1, 2013

It is at the very end of the strip but there are 2 trolly's you can take to go into town. A free one and one you pay for. Both look really the same so ask. For breakfast they gave us a coupon for Flapjacks next door which was ok. The mini golf course is right there if you have kids. This is more for families with kids. My boyfriend and I went for a romantic trip so we really should have stayed somewhere else. The front desk gave us one free admission to the aquarium which was not far from there and that was amazing. The room was clean and the hotel was remodeled. There was a large outdoor pool with waterslide. It was raining and not nice enough for us to enjoy it. That didnt stop the kids. Just an average clean hotel nothing super special. Gave it a very good because the rooms are larger than your average hotel room so it deserved a bit above average rating.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple