“Great Hotel, great location, great stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Gatlinburg North
Ranked #33 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Let me start by saying we've stayed here before back in 2009. We had a suite then. We booked this one day before our arrival and we weren't disappointed. We had a King room with a balcony. It was very clean, spacious and nice. We didn't get a chance to swim but the pool areas are equally as nice and clean. The hotel lobby is emaculate and the front desk staff is very friendly.

If I had to mention one thing it would be the breakfast. They seemed to run out of items rather quickly and the donuts and bagels appeared to be frozen and cold. They did have a large variety of items waffles, yogurt, Jimmy Dean heat and eat mcmuffins, fruit and cereal. It was very crowded even at 9 AM so in all fairness maybe they run out of items quickly.

We are planning to go back again in July. This is a great location and you can ride the trolley free-the is a stop right in the parking lot. There is also miniature golf right there as well.

1  Thank WVClairenmaddy

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Hotel is on outer edge of Gatlinburg, towards Pigeon Forge. Room was basically clean and well-appointed. Plenty of parking, and putt-putt course practically on the property. There is a free trolley right now in the summer and it stops in the parking lot. We never had to wait more than 15 minutes and the trolley drops off at numerous spots in G-burg. This was great.

Breakfast offered a nice selection for a free breakfast. If you want more, there is a FlapJacks next door. Indoor pool and hot tub were nice. No kids with us, but kids seemed to enjoy the outdoor pool and slide. It is a pool for kids, and not for adult swims or laying by the pool quietly.

Room Tip: Hotel touts "streamside" and some trip advisors said to get brook view rather than front v...
1  Thank Sojournhr
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I'm a local person and will return to this Marriott brand hotel any time I want a short "getaway". It's a very nice place to stay. Great customer service, roomy executive 2-room suite (would not book the standard room), nice pool, above par continental breakfast with biscuits & gravy, waffles, boiled eggs, pink grapefuit cups in 100% natural juice, Jimmy Dean microwave egg/cheese muffins, yogurt, milk, apple/orange juice, milk, etc.. Plenty to get you going in the morning. The suite is extremely roomy, functional, and comfortable. The bed is great & the internet is really fast. It's equipped with a microwave, fridge (w/freezer compartment) and very cold...and coffee maker. The restroom is very large...extra large counter space.

The service is great, staff knowledgeable accommodating and friendly. We were allowed to check in at 9am in INVITED TO BREAKFAST! Wow! That was an awesome bonus!!

The trolly comes right to the hotel...and runs back until 11:30pm!!! Nice perk! Take the purple one to the aquarium and get out to walk the strip...easy as pie!

Invest in this one, if you don't mind the cost.

Room Tip: Choose the 2-room executive suite for a roomier experience, back of the hotel for a quiet stay!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Soundsgood2me
Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

My kids loved the slide and the staff were super nice!

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Just got back from a trip with the kids. They have 2 pools; one indoor, one outdoor. My kids LOVED that. The rooms were nice and clean. The hotel staff was wonderfully friendly and helpful. Breakfast is included and I wanted to take the shower head home with me. The only cons were the distance to town. The trolley service is helpful, but I'm slightly impatient and found it was better to just drive into town and park. I'm sure this would have been a problem if the season was busier. On the other hand, it was quiet and nice not to be in the hustle and bustle of town.

2  Thank Justine C
Reviewed June 3, 2012

When my boyfriend and I decided to stay at this hotel for our little getaway, we did a lot of research on which hotel would best suit our needs as we have been to pigeon forge and gatlingburg quite a bit. We did pick this hotel because it did seem like it would meet our wants perfectly. We arrived at the hotel a little earlier than expected and the hotel staff did let us check in early, that was a plus. After I told them my name they didn't verify that it was me. So, a complete stranger could check into this hotel if indeed they knew that you had a reservation. I read too much into the fact that they really didn't care. When we got to the room it was much smaller than the pictures entailed and had no balcony but whatever we were tired and wanted a nap. The bed was the most uncomfortable bed in the entire world we didn't sleep at all it's a shame especially when we had paid $130 for the room. To make things worse I went to take a shower and the water didn't drain so I stood in water while I was taking a shower. The indoor pool was closed but it was too cold to swim outside so we were once again we were just out of luck. So this morning when I went to check out the man behind the counter said did you need a receipt!? Not how was your stay did we meet your standards nothing...I work in customer service and I wanted to nicely tell them how they could improve but it seemed as if no one really cared. I would never treat any of my customers this way and I didn't appreciate it one bit.

8  Thank Kerilynn9087
Reviewed June 3, 2012

My husband and I took. Mini vacation for our anniversary! We just jumped in the car and went to Gatlinburg! When we arrived at 7 am, I got on my iPhone and booked at the Fairfield Inn & Suites! We asked for early check in and I called at 9 to ask what time we could come, they let us check in right then! Which was wonderful considering we booked a jacuzzi room on a Saturday morning, June 2! It was very clean, very quiet, and just overall comfortable! The bed was by far the best hotel mattress I had ever slept on! The staff was always nice and smiled! The location is perfect, being right on the main strip. Far enough away from the hustle and bustle of downtown for peace and quiet, but close enough that the trolley picks you up in the parking lot! We will be returning with our children next time! The outdoor pool is great with a slide and waterfall thing! They have an indoor heated pool as well, in case it is cold or raining! We had a wonderful stay and will be returning!

1  Thank Jenniferpugh