Bearskin Lodge on the River Hotel
Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$80
QualityInn
$99
$128
  • Pool
GardenInn.com
$119
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites on the River(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$104
$71
EconoLodge
Gatlinburg Inn(Gatlinburg)
$116
The Edgewater Hotel(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$119
$109
Johnson's Inn(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$69
$62
$972
getaroom.com
1,156 results
All reviewsfresh baked cookiesbreakfast roomwithin walking distancegas fireplacesmall poolwhirlpool tubbiscuits and gravycovered parkingnational parkcity viewenjoyed our staythe main stripgreat place to stayfree breakfastthird floorthe room was nicebalcony overlooking
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We checked in on October 27th, room 510. We had only one issue and that was during check in. The man at the front desk told us they do not offer a military discount. However, I had emailed ahead of time and was told, by email, that with a military ID we would receive 10% off our reservation. Although, the front desk wasn't really wanting to offer the discount, he finally did. I'm OCD about cleanliness and I must say...our room was spotless. I found out later that Jackie was the one who cleaned our room. I found her in the hallway and thanked her for spending the extra time to make sure it was spot on. She truly had the room immaculate! The bed and pillow were soft (which is my preference). I must warn that anytime your neighbors run water or open a door, your going to hear it. I'm very sensitive to smells and found none other than cleaning agents in the hallway and room. Our balcony did have its outside light burnt out, but we were thankful, so that it didn't attract bugs and allowed us a better view. We did not find a channel guide in our room, which was a little aggravating. The complimentary breakfast had red apples, granny smith apples, bananas, cereal, gravy and biscuit (which had no flavor), waffles, orange juice, apple juice and coffee. The breakfast is located on the third floor and available from 7 to 10. Not alot of seating though. In the lobby, in the late afternoon you will find fresh baked cookies. The hotel is backed up to a stream, which offers pleasant sounds, I sat on the balcony from 3am to 6am, just to take it in (I'm a night owl).....But warning....the run down family inn behind it does distract to some degree. While it is vacant.....it still is an eyesore to some degree. I focused and listened to the running creek....so my mind was distracted. You are a few doors down from Bennett's BBQ (which I will eventually review) and across the street from SugarLand Winery and then KFC is catty cornered... (avoid their bathroom its awful/nasty). All the staff at Bearskin Lodge were friendly and helpful to us. The lazy river (which was closed due to the season) was tiny....so that would only entertain the kids for a few minutes. The pool looked slightly larger than a jacuzzi.....after a couple of rooms, it would be filled to capacity. The outdoor fire pits were located between the lazy river and small pool. We never saw them lit while we were there. Would we stay there again? Yes. It was very clean (thanks to Jackie!) We loved the fireplace in our room and the rooms were larger than most.

Room Tip: We didn't visit any fitness center and/or restaurant.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janice Q
Reviewed October 28, 2013

For our anniversary, my husband and I spent two nights in a cabin on a mountaintop at the resort where we were married but we also wanted to spend one night downtown, so we chose the Bearskin Lodge for our last night. I love the location, it's downtown but not right in the middle of the noise (I tend to like quietness when I'm trying to sleep). You can walk really easily to the heart of the action.

They were sold out of king beds but I waited until a few days before our arrival to book the room, so that was totally understandable, so we got a room with two queens. I also chose a city view which we both enjoyed. I liked breakfast....lots of options. I got waffles and biscuits and my husband got fruit and waffles. There was also cereal and some other things.

Front desk guys were very nice to us, as was the other staff we encountered in the halls. Our room was super clean, as was the bathroom. If we were going to be staying longer I would have chosen a fireplace and balcony but for one night I didn't figure we'd need it.

The last thing is, that bed was the most comfy thing EVER. My bed at home is not even that comfortable, I slept so good!!!! Thanks for a great time, I would stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We checked in with another couple on the 24th of October 2013 and had a reservation until the 28th. We left early. The room was ok, the bathroom was not. There was mold on the ceiling tiles, door frame, and in the shower. We told housekeeping and nothing was ever done about it. The bathroom was only cleaned once in the 3 nights we were there. The fireplace had a terrible smell when we turned it on so we could not use it. The front desk staff was rude most days and completely clueless about area attractions. When asked about purchasing attraction tickets for attractions shown on the hotel website and after showing them the site and attraction we meant we were told, " Well I don't know what or where that is and we don't have tickets here." We called the day before check in and were told we could get tickets there. We were also told there was a free zipline ticket for our reservation and when we asked about it we were told no. Bottom line... I will NEVER recommend this place to anyone and I will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013
6  Thank littlecbwife
General M, Manager at Bearskin Lodge on the River Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to tell us about your concerns with your recent stay at Bearskin Lodge. Our goal is for every guest to leave satisfied, and we failed you. We have a room inspector daily, and we have not encountered similar issues so far. We do take comments like this seriously, so we will make sure to look at ourselves and correct any problems immediately. We have Maintenance on call 24 hours a day and our Manager can be reached 24 hours a day in person, over the phone, or via email.

We do sell a variety of tickets to several attractions. However, we do not have all the updated information on everyone’s businesses and we cannot sell everyone’s tickets. Bearskin Lodge has some great partnerships with some of the best area businesses, but with so many in town, we cannot know everything about everyone. Our major partners are Ripley’s, NOC, Country Tonite, and Apple Barn. We also recommend Ober Gatlinburg, Ole Smoky Moonshine, Sugarlands Winery, and Peddler Restaurant. We hope you will give the Bearskin Lodge another chance on your next visit to the Smokies. Bearskin Lodge truly is a special place!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We spent two nights at the Bearskin lodge in room 206 and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The room had a gas fireplace, whirl pool tub in the and a very nice balcony looking over the river running behind the hotel. I typically ask for upper floor rooms, but in this case you want to be on floor # 2 so that you can enjoy the sights and sounds of the river.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Gerry D

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at Bearskin Lodge recently. Thank you for taking a moment to tell us your thoughts. We do love the sound of the River, and being in the mountains is just so relaxing. We hope you will come back and be our guest again next time you are in the Smokies!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We enjoyed our recent stay at this hotel. The hotel staff was friendly. The room was very spacious and the fireplace was a nice added feature. We had a river view, not too happy with that since a run down hotel was directly in front of us. We did not spend enough time in the room to make it an issue. The parking was great! The spots were indoors or out and good sized. The location on the strip is at one end, so it is a walk to get to the end where the aquarium is located. The restaurant choices are ample within close range of the hotel. The breakfast was okay, would have liked eggs and bacon instead of biscuits and gravy. I think maybe that could have been arranged maybe every other day. We will not hesitate to stay here again. I spoke with the desk clerk about the room view and was told they were repairing the hotel next door, she would however recommend city view next time.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends