Bearskin Lodge on the River Hotel
$98
  • Pool
$129
GardenInn.com
Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$70
The Edgewater Hotel(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$119
$99
Hampton Inn Gatlinburg(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$150
$139
Hampton.com
$189
Agoda.com
Zoders Inn & Suites(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$80
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites on the River(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$59
Travelocity
$89
TripAdvisor
1,141 results
All reviewsfresh baked cookiesbreakfast roomwithin walking distancegas fireplacesmall poolwhirlpool tubbiscuits and gravycovered parkingnational parkcity viewenjoyed our staythe main stripgreat place to stayfree breakfastthird floorthe room was nicebalcony overlooking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed at Bearskin Lodge in Gatlinburg, TN on our yearly family vaca in 2012. First I have to say it was clean and adequate but not for me. It was your typical "L" room, so to speak, where you walk in and the 2 beds are side by side in one room, and the bath room in an adjoining room. Somewhat modern room, clean and you do get a continental hot breakfast, which my children loved. Better get up with the sunrise to get that breakfast or it will be gone! Very small eating area, but breakfast was good. One perk about this place is that every room is secured by entering into the lobby to get to any room, so if you like that security, then you're staying at the right place. The hotel is located at the far end of the main strip of downtown Gatlinburg, right before you would start to drive up into the mountains. Overall, I'll give it 3-4 stars because of the clean and secure atmosphere.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank TN-Southern-Belle-01
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We had seen this hotel many times before walking to the hotel where we usually stay. We decided to try it for the July 4th weekend and we loved it! It was very spacious and clean. The balcony was great and we spent a lot of time watching people walking below. We had no issues with anything not working properly and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful! We also loved the covered garage due to lots of rain. The breakfast was very typical but plentiful and a good variety. They also had warm cookies in the afternoons!! If we had any complaints it would be that the beds could be a little more comfortable, the fridge is pretty small, and I felt the towels were thin but the rest of the family found them okay.

Positives were definitely location (off the main strip but close enough), friendly staff, big clean rooms, and the breakfast selection. We will definitely return to Bearskin Lodge!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MSLuv2travel10
Reviewed July 8, 2013

When my husband and I first got to our non smoking room, it smelled like cigarette smoke. When we went to bed later that night we found dried blood on the blanket at the foot of the bed, half of the jets in the tub didnt work, sink wasnt draining right in bathroom. After calling the front desk to complain about the blood they did upgrade our room. When we went into the second room and pulled the covers back on the bed there was what looked like fruit juice and soda stains on it. The next day housekeeping never came in the room to take out trash or make bed. Room hadn't been touched. Another phone call had to be made about that. Pathetic place for such money. They should have spent less money on the lobby and put more luxury into their rooms. Completely disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2013
10  Thank maybird1984
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here 4 nights and we had a wonderful time!! The Bearskin Lodge is one of the nicest places we have stayed at in Gatlinburg! I have NO complaints!! The room was big and cozy the bathroom was clean and in great condition. The beds were very comfy!! The continental breakfast was great and had a good selection of different items...the waffles were delish as was the biscuits and gravy! The pool area was clean and we all enjoyed the lazy river. My favorite thing was our balcony overlooking the mtn stream....very soothing at night. Spent alot of time there. It would have been nicer if the empty hotel wasn't directly on the other side other than that it was overall a very nice place to stay. Kids were very happy and are already asking when we can come back!! The location was at the end of river road so we had to walk a good piece to get to the shops...my legs got pretty sore, but it was good for me!! We didn't get to use the fireplace in our room but it was a great homey feel and added to the decor. The price of the room was a little on the high end but we made up for it by eating free breakfast and we packed lunch meat and bread to eat for lunch so all we were out was dinner. For the service we got it was well worth the $$. Oh and the kids loved the free cookies in the lobby...happy happy happy!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank vickigayhart
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The Mrs and I stayed here for 4 days, it is very clean and well kept. It has a good location if you are in to walking to places. There is a covered carport area with double elevators. The rooms were nice and spacious and the balcony overlooking the river was nice. The Mrs really loved the whirlpool in the room and the fireplace in the room. I will certainly be staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple