“Loved it!”

Bearskin Lodge on the River Hotel
Ranked #9 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The Mrs and I stayed here for 4 days, it is very clean and well kept. It has a good location if you are in to walking to places. There is a covered carport area with double elevators. The rooms were nice and spacious and the balcony overlooking the river was nice. The Mrs really loved the whirlpool in the room and the fireplace in the room. I will certainly be staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank reaperresistor
Write a ReviewReviews (1,127)

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was everything everyone has said about it and more! First of all the check in was very easy no fuss and my children loved being greeted with fresh baked cookies. I thought that was a lovely touch. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The rooms had a lot of room. They were not cramped, they were very clean and smelled lovely as well. Every morning from 7-10 they have a nice assortment of things for breakfast from danishes and cereals to waffles and biscuits and gravy. And the location was perfect!!! Just off of the main strip in Gatlinburg so my family was able to walk to any and all attractions without having to pay for parking.

• Stayed: June 2013
6  Thank RavenLenz
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My family stayed here from June 14th til June 18th in room 209.....I honestly must say we was not dissappointed! the rooms have hundreds if not thousands of visitors every year so of course there was small flaws in the place as there are with any hotel that is stayed in but nothing to be picky about just the usual normal ware!!!...this place was cute and cozy! the outside was beautiful and the inside had alot of character! Our kids loved the lazy river and the warm gooey fresh baked cookies......the staff was amazing, greeted us upon entering and told us to becareful when we left....they were full of smiles and ready to help anyway we needed! at one point i called the front desk to ask where the closest craft place was and they quickly looked it up and gave detailed directions with mileage! There are few places that has that kind of hospitality and this is one!! this was our first time staying here and we would definately stay again!!! oh and the breakfast selection was unlike any other....they had more than just do-it-yourself waffles and cereal!!!! The kids liked it so much they pouted all the way home cause they wanted to stay!!! :) may be making this place a routine stay!!

Room Tip: stream view is peaceful and great for sleeping......
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank missi s
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed at the Bearskins Lodge in gatlinburg, it was wonderful we had a river view room and we loved waking up and going to sleep with the sound of the river. This loge was in walking didtance from every thing. Great Place to sty if you are very in Gatlinburg.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank redbirds1960
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I just stayed at the Bearskin Lodge for the first time. I have to say it was a great experience. The hotel is precious on the outside and equally so on the inside. The hotel staff was super friendly and most helpful. We had a king size suite overlooking the stream. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. We loved being able to park and walk into town, yet when we were in our room we felt secluded. We would highly recommend this hotel. In fact, I am bringing one of my friends to Gatlinburg next week and will be staying again at this hotel.

Room Tip: If you like the sound of the stream, stay on the second floor!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Paula M
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We just got back from staying here over the weekend for the first time. I thought the hotel was nice. Good things about the hotel are: Parking was very accessible, the rooms were large and had everything we needed, we really enjoyed the cookies made fresh each day from 4-8pm. We enjoyed the heated pool and lazy river and in the evening they had a fire pit that was lit and was nice. The only bad thing I can say about the place was the breakfast area was small and crowed each morning. They provided a good selection for breakfast however. I thought the hotel was very quiet at night which made sleeping no problem. It was also in a nice location. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the King with Spa room which was a great value and I enjoyed the spa tub. The couch had...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Cindy A
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband and I just stayed (June 2013) here for a couple days for our anniversary (Friday and Saturday night) and we really enjoyed it. Upon walking in at 8 p.m. we were nicely greeted, quickly processed, and offered free fresh baked cookies that they offer from 4-8 nightly.. Walking into the room it is exactly as shown in the pictures, real nice and cozy decor. I loved the convenience of the hotel to the strip! The only time we used my car was to drive to Pigeon Forge to go ziplining.. but even then trolley was an option. It is right beside the Peddler and a VERY short walk to Bennett's BBQ/Ober lift place. Opening the streamview door all you can hear is gushing water, it was very relaxing and had a decent area to sit and relax. We were able to connect to the wi-fi and it worked well. We saw the pool/lazy river/fire pit area, but didnt use it. It was smaller than most, but who comes to Gatlinburg to swim?? It looked very nice though. But... with the good there must be some not so good. Id say the downfalls for me were 1. The bed- my husband and I woke up sore both nights. Im not sure why. They are comfy when you go to sleep, just not when you wake up. 2.The breakfast- Although what the gravy and biscuit was good, there wasnt much to chose from. The breakfast area was small and not set up well so you constantly bumped into people. 3. For us it didnt bother, but some people wouldnt like the view of a vacant hotel from the patio. Overall I would consider this place again if need be, but will try somewhere else for a better bed. Sadly, with everything being so good..the bed is the deal breaker for me :(

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple