Bearskin Lodge on the River Hotel
Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$80
QualityInn
$99
$139
$129
$159
GardenInn.com
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites on the River(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$104
$71
EconoLodge
$132
$128
  • Pool
The Edgewater Hotel(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$119
Orbitz.com
$972
TripAdvisor
1,156 results
All reviewsfresh baked cookiesbreakfast roomwithin walking distancegas fireplacesmall poolwhirlpool tubbiscuits and gravycovered parkingnational parkcity viewenjoyed our staythe main stripgreat place to stayfree breakfastthird floorthe room was nicebalcony overlooking
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We just got back from staying here over the weekend for the first time. I thought the hotel was nice. Good things about the hotel are: Parking was very accessible, the rooms were large and had everything we needed, we really enjoyed the cookies made fresh each day from 4-8pm. We enjoyed the heated pool and lazy river and in the evening they had a fire pit that was lit and was nice. The only bad thing I can say about the place was the breakfast area was small and crowed each morning. They provided a good selection for breakfast however. I thought the hotel was very quiet at night which made sleeping no problem. It was also in a nice location. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the King with Spa room which was a great value and I enjoyed the spa tub. The couch had a fold out bed also.
4  Thank Cindy A
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband and I just stayed (June 2013) here for a couple days for our anniversary (Friday and Saturday night) and we really enjoyed it. Upon walking in at 8 p.m. we were nicely greeted, quickly processed, and offered free fresh baked cookies that they offer from 4-8 nightly.. Walking into the room it is exactly as shown in the pictures, real nice and cozy decor. I loved the convenience of the hotel to the strip! The only time we used my car was to drive to Pigeon Forge to go ziplining.. but even then trolley was an option. It is right beside the Peddler and a VERY short walk to Bennett's BBQ/Ober lift place. Opening the streamview door all you can hear is gushing water, it was very relaxing and had a decent area to sit and relax. We were able to connect to the wi-fi and it worked well. We saw the pool/lazy river/fire pit area, but didnt use it. It was smaller than most, but who comes to Gatlinburg to swim?? It looked very nice though. But... with the good there must be some not so good. Id say the downfalls for me were 1. The bed- my husband and I woke up sore both nights. Im not sure why. They are comfy when you go to sleep, just not when you wake up. 2.The breakfast- Although what the gravy and biscuit was good, there wasnt much to chose from. The breakfast area was small and not set up well so you constantly bumped into people. 3. For us it didnt bother, but some people wouldnt like the view of a vacant hotel from the patio. Overall I would consider this place again if need be, but will try somewhere else for a better bed. Sadly, with everything being so good..the bed is the deal breaker for me :(

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bdooley06
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We really loved the location being almost out of town. It is still walking distance from all good attractions. The trolley stops right out front for those not able to walk far. Great restaurants within a block as well as other shops including the general store. Room is decent size for 4. I am not sure the river view and balcony are worth the extra money as there is no view of the mountains. There is a deserted lodge across the river that is becoming an eye sore. Great staff, amenities. Breakfast is served until 10 am which was better for my teens. I would change the chairs in the rooms to be a little more comfortable. Add a recliner and larger table. The breakfast room is on the 3rd floor and work out room on the 5th. Important to know I think if you get a choice of floors. Pool and lazy river much smaller than I thought it would be but we stayed too busy to swim.

Room Tip: Avoid river view. Breakfast on 3rd floor and work out room on 5th. Pool is small.
2  Thank AliciaSweet
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This hotel was beautiful! The staff are super friendly and the lazy river and pool are as warm as bath water. The beds and pillows were also very comfortable and the kids loved making their own waffles at breakfast.

1  Thank emilyntrentsmom
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I had seen Bearskin Lodge from a previous trip to Gatlinburg, and wanted to try it out; I am sure glad we did.
My wife and I, along with her parents stayed in May 2013 for my wife's Birthday. We had a very spacious room with a fireplace and a balcony overlooking the stream. We were on the 3rd floor which was the perfect height for viewing the stream. We left the door to our balcony open for most of the evening and listened to the water, it was great! Glad we had perfect weather to do that too!

Room Tip: 3rd floor stream view room
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family