“Low prices, low quality motel”

Red Carpet Inn of Gatlinburg
Ranked #74 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed November 14, 2008

Low prices. Low quality. Has a half way nice swimming pool. Older motel. Within a brisk walk down the hill to the aquarium. Stay here only if saving money on your hotel in Gatlinburg is your # 1 priority.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank tennesseetrumpet

Reviewed October 27, 2008

This hotel should be closed permanently. First of all, the address given and the actual street address are NOT the same. We knew the minute we were checking in it was a bad mistake so we only paid for one night....It was very late so we didn't want to start looking right then.The rooms are so terrible we found another motel with a vacancy first thing the next morning, that is as soon as we were able to move after sleeping on that horrible mattress. The ad we read when we originally made the reservation stated "all rooms newly renovated" we were offered a special promotional price because of this.... Newly renovated from where? The local dump? The capet was so disgusting I wouldn't even walk on it without my shoes, the mattress had seen it's last days about 5 years ago, the entire room smelled horrible, there was no bathroom counter....just a sink hanging on the wall. Talk about a VERY MISLEADING advertisement! I would NOT recommend anyone waste their time or money staying here!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank kars5860
Reviewed October 26, 2008

We stayed at this facility 10/ 25, 26, 2008 - WARNING – Look at the room before authorizing stay. Please be aware that if you pay these folks, you will not get your money back, if you leave. You will need to file complaints through the Gatlinburg Chamber of Commerce and possible the Tennessee State Attorney General’s Office. You DO NOT want to take children here. This is a filthy, mildew filled, rundown facility that needs to meet the wrecking ball. You will find black / mildew and torn chalk on all appliances, heavily worn and STAINED bedding, mattress, and box spring, carpet black with dirt, pillows you would not want your dog to sleep on, drapes with holes, no ice, OUTDOOR washer and dryer, horrific customer service, wallpaper falling off the walls, state etc. Please understand that I am not exaggerating here – look for yourself. This place needs to be featured on some type of documentary for lodging eligible to be closed by the state. We are well educated and realized that we were paying a low rate and did not expect even something comparable to a Holiday Inn, but this place would make a Motel 6 look luxurious. There are dozens of facilities close to this site - do yourself a favor and find another.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank OnTheRoad55
Reviewed July 29, 2008

Our visit was Thursday, July 24 and Friday, July 25, 2008. We recently stayed here at the Red Carpet Inn in Gatlinburg TN and too much of my surprise it was acceptable. I knew from the price that it was not going to be the Ritz. We, both my parents and myself, stayed 2 nights. The beds were soft, the carpet was clean, the shower curtain however had mildew on it. We brought this to the cleaning lady at the hotel but she did not do anything about it. We had a do not distrub sign on the door so I believe that is why the curtain did not get changed or cleaned while we were gone that day. There were also 2 dirty towels in the floor behind the bathroom door when we arrived to our room. The cleaning lady apologized for this when we brought it to her attention. As for the continential breakfast, coffee and a dount! No thanks, we got breakfast elsewhere. The washer and dryer are located outside as well as the ice machine. The washer did not work but the dryer did. We ended up going to the Wash Tub about a 1 or so miles down the road to do laundry. The wallpaper in the bathroom had the pattern going sideways instead of up and down like it should have been. There was a hole in the bathroom wallpaper that I stuffed toilet paper in. I was not sure why the hole was there or what may have been in there. The swimming pool was nice. We had it all to ourselves the first night. The second night, there was a family with three children in the pool with us, which was fine. The pool area was clean. They could have taken the weeds down on the other side of the fence to beautify the scenery soom. The man we dealt with in the lobby was pleasant. We asked for more towels in which he promptly delivered to our room. I would stay there again with no problem. The hotel was well within walking distance to downtown Gatlinburg and the trolleys run right past the hotel to go either direction. We were so tired when we got back to the place we slept very well. There is lots to see and do in Gatlinburg and many hotels/motels/inns to stay in. You don't have to spend lots of money on the hotel. There are cheaper places. Spend your money on the other things in Gatlinburg not expensive hotels. The driveways or entrance to this place is a hill. Then again everything in that area is on a hill! It was not a hard place to get in and out of. I was thinking since we were so close to downtown that the traffic would be horrible but it was not. There is a turn lane so that does help with getting in and out of the Red Carpet Inn.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2008

This hotel is a DISGRACE. Just like many others, I booked online and the experience of staying at this hotel was too bad to describe. I am attaching pictures, so that you can see how the rooms look like. Due to the awful condition, I could not stay there for the whole time, but they made me pay upfront, and when I left the next day, they refused to refund me for the nights I was no longer willing to spend there.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2008

This motel is the worst place I have ever stayed. The rooms smell like mold, the carpets are dirty, our bathroom light bulbs were shot (my husband had to replace light bulbs himself), there was a half eaten hamburger left in the microwave from the previous guest in that room, and lastly the front desk lady is rude and there was not a continental breakfast as advertised. Please do not stay here, it is not worth it!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2007

Said nothing about a 500.00 pet deposit anywhere online, wallpaper was brown and bubbly in the corner, had a strong mildew odor when you walked in. They charged us for one full night, when we only stayed there for 2 hours!!!!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family