“Cheap no frills”

Red Carpet Inn of Gatlinburg
Ranked #74 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed March 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Red Carpet Inn the week of Christmas. The place is an older style motor court. No magnetic strip cards here, it's old school keys on a key chain. But, it is clean, the beds are okay, there is a a decent size mini fridge and microwave. The toilet did run a little. There is very rarely anyone at the front office, but the room is cleaned daily and clean towels left. There was plenty of plug ins. My largest complaint is that we were in the closest room (next to the manager/owner's) to the road and I heard a lot of road noise. A brisk walk up/down a hill from downtown Gatlinburg. It is cheap. If you need a lot of service, don't stay here, or if you spend more money on a more expensive hotel that you only sleep in on vacation, don't stay here. If you're looking for a clean cheap place so you can spend your money doing other stuff you will remember more than the motel room, this is a good place.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shawna G

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed here based on the reviews from Tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. I often travel with two boys, so I am careful about where we stay. We booked our room for three nights and received a clean, comfortable room (the vaulted ceiling was a nice touch) where we felt safe and secure. It was just off the beaten path of downtown Gatlinburg, so it was quiet, but close enough to walk (if you really wanted to) to the excitement of downtown. The saying is, "You get what you pay for," and no, this was not a 5-star resort, but I only paid $40/night and it was an excellent place to stay. We would stay here again, next time we are in Gatlinburg.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank sarah h
Reviewed January 1, 2014

So here it was New Years Eve yesterday and needless to say my buddy and I had called and realized everything in Gatlinburg was booked. Somehow or another we found this place and managed to book the last room available. Upon arrival and check in, the room was clean, nice and hot... It was in a good location to the parkway and the owner/manager was a very nice person. Upon checking out today he allowed us to leave my car parked all day and that saved some money. It's not the Hilton, but it's not a bad place either... just a little older than most hotels.

• Stayed: December 2013
5  Thank Matt C
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Appears to be an older motel. All single floor location, which I wanted a ground floor so it worked. Rooms seem to be revamped. Clean floors walls bedding, fairly new items in room including A/C-heater, frig and microwave, tv alarm clock. Now the rest: no plug in bathroom for Your Own blow dryer. No Mirror where the only plugs were. No Coffee or pot in room or available in lobby since no ones there after you check in. You get a phone # to call if ya need help. ???? Didn't know how I actually felt about that. ???? It was quiet and rooms were filled. I left a comment to add a mirror over the plug so if they were to add that, I'ld say your or my stay would be acceptable. It was even without the mirror I just had to go back and forth to the bathroom mirror and LR plug. All and all, a mirror a coffee pot and a blow dryer could have made this stay better than or as good as the Hilton for me. Oh, and it's the opposite direction of the crowded area which I like. Hope this helps.

• Stayed: November 2013
4  Thank Ontheroadagain35
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed here 2 nights while finalizing our November 2013 wedding plans.. The manager was nice when we saw him and the place was clean. If you are looking for luxury or even new fixtures, look elsewhere. We were looking for inexpensive and clean. At $45 per night during peak season, we got exactly what we needed and expected. Close enough to walk wherever we wanted to go. If you plan on spending a lot of time in the room, you may want to look at a major hotel. We also had a tiny bit of trouble with the toilet. Again it was the right price, clean, with pleasant staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TwylaMae197
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Me and my husband visited in December 2012. There was some trouble with the toilet, but overall we were satisfied because we didn't have a lot of money and could only stay for one night. This is a very old hotel, probably has been there for 40 or 50 years so don't expect the Days Inn. If you are not picky about where you stay or need a quick getaway then this is the place for you. It is also in walking distance to shopping, eating, and entertainment. Which we liked very much.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank christie f
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Lied about Price, sink stopped up, toilet leaking, nasty Stains on Sheets, carpet nasty, manager Is Very Rude, Pool was nasty Cement to cut your feet on Bottom, Vending Area NASTY, My Husband pulled up on a Harley passing through. the Manager ran out of room Hollering get the Fock out of here. NO VISITORS. Charged My Niece's credit ard for a extra night, We left that Minute when he come out Hollering get thre FOCK out of here. thats Not AMERICAN. We Went up the Road to a AMERICAN owned Motel! WILL NEVER BE BACK!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family