“More excellent service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn Creekside

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Quality Inn Creekside
Ranked #29 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Saint Louis, Missouri
“More excellent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2010

Stayed at this Quality Inn based on past good service at other Quality Inn's and glad we did. This hotel is at the end of the strip kinda hard to get in and out but easy walk to everything. After a bad night at another hotel Liz, the clerk went out her way to accomodate our wants(not needs) in a room. She was so nice to us and made us feel comfortable. We had a spacious two room suite. Does need some updating but was very clean. Had a large jacuzzi in living room that was awesome. Bed was a 3 out of 5. Couldn't hear outside noise. We stayed three nights and one really neat service was that we always leave a do not disturb sign out during the day and when came back there were towels hanging on the door, a real plus. Didn't eat breakfast there so I can't comment on that. I do know the "creekside" face into the rest of the hotel with the creek below. So if your looking for that serene view this is not place. Overall worth the price. Moderatly priced, perfect if you intend to sightsee all day and come back toa no frills comfortable room.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Shelby, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2010

Beds comphy, great location, carpet needs cleaning, food needs a little help in preparing. worth the price. great staff.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2010

I recently stayed here for a conference trip for 5 days. I was worried because most of the hotels in Gatlinburg are old. I have to say the staff here were very friendly. The room exceeded my expectations and I absolutely loved the fireplace. The only bad thing I can say is the tub had a crack in it but the maintenance people were already notified and on top of things. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2010

The room was not cleaned when we checked in, we had to call the front desk to ask them to clean the room. (it was 3 pm when we checked in.) The room smelled so musty that I was afraid that my allergies would be horrible there. I had to buy allergy meeds and a candle. The room was dingy. No bed bugs (I checked), but it was one of those rooms that felt like it would have bugs. Breakfast was donuts, toast, sausage gravy. Do not stay here.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2010

Yes, the hotel is at a great location and the service from the front desk and cleaning crew was very good. BUT - this hotel needs some major renovations. It is old and looks the part; inside and out. I had booked us a whirlpool room overlooking the creek. The view was horrible; the creek was dirty with trash; overlooking the parking lot straight across from the reception center. The balcony was small, dirty, and the chairs ready to be thrown into a dumpster. Parking was another problem. The parking spaces are small and my car door got scratched! We were suppose to stay 4 nights but decided to pack up and leave after the second night.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brewster194
Oak Park, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2010

We stayed here for one night as a somewhat half way point on our way home to Chicago from Savannah. We wanted to see the Smoky Mountains and thought we'd stay in Gatlinburg. I had a really hard time deciding where to stay. Prices and reviews were all over the place. We didn't want to spend too much but didn't want to stay in some place that was dumpy. I think we made a solid choice with the Quality Inn Creekside. With tax we ended up paying right at $100 for the night. The location was great. It's right in the heart of what my husband and I jokingly called a "carnival town". Gatlinburg really is like a giant tourist trap, but we had fun walking around, people watching, and enjoying the views of the mountains. We ate at the Smoky Mountain Brewery. We had a very tasty pizza and did a tasting of their amazing micro-brews. We like good beer, and this was really really good beer. No additives. No preservatives. Simply delicious! It was right next door to the hotel too, making it a convenient walk back.

Checking in to the hotel went fine. Staff was pretty friendly. The lobby is old and worn, but when we got to our room is was nice and updated. It had country/modern furniture and linens. The bed seemed pretty new and was comfy. I have a feeling parts of this hotel are updated and others are not, since other reviewers have complained that this place is old. Our room was in a separate building and up a very steep driveway. It was right next to some condo buildings. They had a walkway and elevator set up so that you could easily get to the lobby without ever having to walk up or down the steep driveway. We had a balcony off of our room which was nice. We had a mountain view and the sunrise was beautiful. At night, there was a very loud band playing at a restaurant next door. We didn't mind it, and kind of enjoyed sitting out on the balcony, chatting, and listening to the music. For others the loud music could have easily been a big annoyance. There were two queen beds, a fireplace, and a little mini kitchen area with a fridge and microwave in our room. Overall we were very comfortable and pleased with our stay. The breakfast did leave much to be desired. I can barely remember what they offered, but it wasn't much. I think we grabbed a donut and then ate out somewhere a few hours later. If you're looking for a place to stay in a great location, rooms with a view, clean, comfortable, updated, right at $100 a night, this is your place! I booked straight through their website and got the best price that way.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank SIW18
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2010

When I first arrived to the hotel, I was not expecting anything great but at least a decent room to sleep in. I booked a room with 2 queen beds non smoking. When I arrived I was told there were no non smoking rooms available and that they were sold out, even if I booked it months in advance. So I took the room and he told me they would put extra spray to not let the smell of cigarettes bother me. As soon as I got up in the room the smell was just awful and was not going to stay there and was about to leave and get my money back. When I walked to the lobby I overheard the desk clerk telling someone who asked for rates that they had non smoking rooms available. I don't think they wanted to give me one just because I was paying a lower rate. So finally after asking again, I was told they were going to put me in a non smoking room in an uphill room in between two condos. That room was SO much better than the other one, it was much nicer and I was told it was renovated not long ago. Unbelievably the beds were comfortable and they even had duvet covers. The bathroom area was okay. One thing I do advise is that you do not eat outside your room because when I walked from the lobby back to my room there was a huge bear going in trash cans and looking for food which was very scary so I recommend the second or third floor. The free breakfast was just okay not that great. Dan and Liz at the front desk were really nice. I'd stay here again but I'd make sure I get an uphill room they are worth it.

• Stayed July 2010