“Pleasant Stay, Would Stay Here Again”

Quality Inn Creekside
Ranked #32 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed August 13, 2010

We stayed here for one night as a somewhat half way point on our way home to Chicago from Savannah. We wanted to see the Smoky Mountains and thought we'd stay in Gatlinburg. I had a really hard time deciding where to stay. Prices and reviews were all over the place. We didn't want to spend too much but didn't want to stay in some place that was dumpy. I think we made a solid choice with the Quality Inn Creekside. With tax we ended up paying right at $100 for the night. The location was great. It's right in the heart of what my husband and I jokingly called a "carnival town". Gatlinburg really is like a giant tourist trap, but we had fun walking around, people watching, and enjoying the views of the mountains. We ate at the Smoky Mountain Brewery. We had a very tasty pizza and did a tasting of their amazing micro-brews. We like good beer, and this was really really good beer. No additives. No preservatives. Simply delicious! It was right next door to the hotel too, making it a convenient walk back.

Checking in to the hotel went fine. Staff was pretty friendly. The lobby is old and worn, but when we got to our room is was nice and updated. It had country/modern furniture and linens. The bed seemed pretty new and was comfy. I have a feeling parts of this hotel are updated and others are not, since other reviewers have complained that this place is old. Our room was in a separate building and up a very steep driveway. It was right next to some condo buildings. They had a walkway and elevator set up so that you could easily get to the lobby without ever having to walk up or down the steep driveway. We had a balcony off of our room which was nice. We had a mountain view and the sunrise was beautiful. At night, there was a very loud band playing at a restaurant next door. We didn't mind it, and kind of enjoyed sitting out on the balcony, chatting, and listening to the music. For others the loud music could have easily been a big annoyance. There were two queen beds, a fireplace, and a little mini kitchen area with a fridge and microwave in our room. Overall we were very comfortable and pleased with our stay. The breakfast did leave much to be desired. I can barely remember what they offered, but it wasn't much. I think we grabbed a donut and then ate out somewhere a few hours later. If you're looking for a place to stay in a great location, rooms with a view, clean, comfortable, updated, right at $100 a night, this is your place! I booked straight through their website and got the best price that way.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SIW18
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Creekside

Reviewed August 8, 2010

When I first arrived to the hotel, I was not expecting anything great but at least a decent room to sleep in. I booked a room with 2 queen beds non smoking. When I arrived I was told there were no non smoking rooms available and that they were sold out, even if I booked it months in advance. So I took the room and he told me they would put extra spray to not let the smell of cigarettes bother me. As soon as I got up in the room the smell was just awful and was not going to stay there and was about to leave and get my money back. When I walked to the lobby I overheard the desk clerk telling someone who asked for rates that they had non smoking rooms available. I don't think they wanted to give me one just because I was paying a lower rate. So finally after asking again, I was told they were going to put me in a non smoking room in an uphill room in between two condos. That room was SO much better than the other one, it was much nicer and I was told it was renovated not long ago. Unbelievably the beds were comfortable and they even had duvet covers. The bathroom area was okay. One thing I do advise is that you do not eat outside your room because when I walked from the lobby back to my room there was a huge bear going in trash cans and looking for food which was very scary so I recommend the second or third floor. The free breakfast was just okay not that great. Dan and Liz at the front desk were really nice. I'd stay here again but I'd make sure I get an uphill room they are worth it.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed August 6, 2010

Maybe I'm a hotel snob but I consider a Hampton inn a 3 star hotel. This place was about 1 1/2. It's outdated, falling apart and is in desperate need of a renovation. If you're looking for location, this place is great. Considering we were never IN the room except to sleep, it wasn't quite so bad. To start with, the bathroom had ants, which we complained about. Apparently no one bothered to come in and spray while we were gone because the ants were still having a party until we checked out. We found 2 bugs in our bed but they didn't look like bed bugs. The entire corner of the room where the safe was smelled of urine. Apparently, someone must have mistaken it for a urinal. Oh, and there's no mention of a charge to use the safe until you get your bill! In the bathroom, there was a huge gap in the fiberglass walls where anything could have crawled out. Every time we showered, water just poured into the walls. The breakfast was gross too. On the last day we finally had boiled eggs. We appreciated the protein! I know that downtown Gatlinburg isn't exactly the place you'd find a nice hotel but for the price we expected just a little more. I'd strongly suggest leaving your car in the parking lot and either walking or using the shuttle to get to everything downtown.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank sharonthemomma
Reviewed August 1, 2010

After making reservations online for a condominium that sleeps 8, we arrived finding there was a `computer glitch' that allowed overbooking and we did not have a condo reserved, but we could stay in the motel next to the condo (owned by the same company.) We had to settle for 2 rooms in the motel because it was too late to find other accommodations on a busy weekend. to add insult, we were told we were not allowed to use the pool next to the motel because it was for the `condo guests,' we needed to use the pool down the street from the office. I overheard the manager talking with the desk clerk about another guest upset about `overbooking and not receiving the room he wanted. I wonder if the excuse for overbooking is to fill the older less accomodating motel with unsuspecting patrons who have no other place to stay. What about the rental agreement that says if your condo is not available, a substitute with the same amenities will be provided?

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Murfreesboro_TNNanna
Reviewed July 17, 2010

Nothing bad to say.. If we can't get a room here we stay at their condo's Summit Manor..BEST SERVICE IN TOWN..BAR NONE!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2010

This was our second stay here and it was just as enjoyable as the first time. We have sent many of our friends to this hotel over the years and we've never had even one to say that they didn't enjoy staying here. It may not be the Ritz but the rooms we've had were clean, the people very accomodating and rates are reasonable for Gatlinburg. This time we stayed in the upper level and enjoyed the view fron there. We have already made reservations for three rooms in September and are taking two more couples with us then. This hotel is right on the Parkway and within easy walking distance of some of the finest restaurants in Gatlinburg as well as many stores. You can catch the trolley out front or the tour bus. All in all it is a fun place to stay!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bkstech
Reviewed July 1, 2010

The room was very clean and neat, the beds and pillows were comfy. The air conditioning deserves a rating system all it's own because I jokingly referred to our room as the Arctic Tundra. Seriously, I had to turn it off and go outside to warm up it was so cold.
We had a hillside room and there was a nice little balcony where you could sit and actually hear live bluegrass from a concert below. That was neat. The bathroom was small- but who cares? I wasn't performing a juggling act in there. The heat lamp in the bathroom was nice even in June (remember the air conditioning??).
We had a fridge, micro, hairdryer, iron and ironing board and a little 4 cup coffee pot. The room was nice and big with lots of places to store clothing and luggage.
Ober Gatlinburg is right across the street and you are with-in easy walking distance to all the attractions in Gatlinburg. There are a large number of restaurants to choose from all with-in walking distance.
Even though we had no one with a wheelchair, I was mentally checking out accessability. The only issue I could foresee with accessability is the downhill grade from the parking lot to street level. It might be an issue with a traditional wheelchair.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family