“Creekside”

Ranked #28 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Stratford, Connecticut
“Creekside”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I stayed for two nights. The furniture in the room was run down. The beds were confortable.
My room key only worked for one day, and the safe had to be serviced as it malfunctioned.
There were two sinks , one in the bathroom and the other outside of the bathroom.
The management comped me for my inconvenience which was very nice. It is close by to attractions, , shopping and restaurants., especially if you do ot have a car.

Room Tip: The heat was adequate. There was a broken sectin of driveway so caution was needed when walking out...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Another stay at Quality Inn Creekside in Gatlinburg Tn. and another great time. Vince and his staff make us feel welcome from the time we pull up until the time we start home. We stay in the creekside rooms when they are available. These rooms are not the newest that are available at this property but they offer a great view and that is the reason we visit this area. This property is in the best spot to walk to everything that the area has to offer. The value is a plus and the fact that the staff will go out of their way to make your stay one to remember pushes this property to the top of our list. We will return soon to enjoy the view, people and peacefull sound of the creek.

Room Tip: The lobby has the best coffee. The rooms are equiped with small coffee makers but the coffee in the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Edgewood, Kentucky
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have stayed at the Quality Inn Creekside on multiple ocassions. The last time I stayed the fireplace did not work. I thought this was a one time event; however this past weekend I thought I would give it another try. Once again the fireplace did not work! Additionally, when I turned the bed down, there was bug in the bed and a few on the carpet. When I told the desk clerk that I would not be returning, there was no attempt at service recovery. It was obvious from the response I received that there is little interest or care in providing a great experience for customers. While unfortunate events occur routinely, what is more important is the consideration extended to the customer and the willingness of the staff to make it right!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 0jane123

Travelers are raving about these Gatlinburg hotels

Knoxville, TN
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We really like this place, but they have let the original creekside rooms run down a bit in past years. I'm hoping they will renovate the rooms that overlook the creek, particularly the bathrooms. Would be 5 stars if only they maintained things better. We prefer the creekside (Some rooms are beside the creek, others up on a hill) but the older rooms are not really up to par but for the convenience and creek. We will return but be sure you choose either the view/convenience of creekside OR the newer hillside rooms.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Scottsboro, Alabama
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We had a room in what I guess is the newer part of the hotel straight across from the lobby, through parking garage then to top floor to get to the walkway to our hotel. Our room was nice and clean. Had everything we needed in room, fridge, microwave, coffee pot, etc.. Our balcony was nice, couldn't really see anything toward town because of the trees, but I didn't mind due to the raccoon who has made his home in those trees and kept me amused while I was there. Enjoyed the breakfast, Close to everything. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Drummonds, Tennessee
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I absolutely love this place and will never search for another place to stay on our yearly vacation visits to Gatlinburg. The manager and his crew are so nice and helpful. This hotel is conveniently located in downtown and we love the October Craft show that is in walking distance of the Hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the mountain view are quieter
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Tennessee, United States
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I used my choice hotel points for a free room, we live an hour from Gatlinburg so it makes for a nice weekend getaway. If I had paid for the room, I might have had some minor complaints, but I doubt it. They put us in the newer building that is up on hill above the older original creekside hotel, I imagine the people that complain are probably roomed down there in that older building. There's an elevator to take you down to that area from where we were, and since the building is much more modern we were happy. Our room was clean, no odors are issues, although the patio wasn't that nice if that is something that is important for you. The pool was on the smaller side, and the skimmer didn't work well so there was quite a bit of little things floating on the water, but the kids still enjoyed it. The recent rains made for a very rapid creek by the pool area, it was pleasant to sit in the lounge chairs and listen to it. Walking down a steep hill from the parking lot takes you right to the sidewalk of the Gatlinburg strip, but coming back up is quite a hike up that same hill! But it was nice to stay close enough that you are not getting back in the car to go somewhere, parking in Gatlinburg can be a real pain! Breakfast in the lobby was well appointed, including biscuits and gravy, danishes and bagels, cereals, etc. Overall it was all we needed and we would do it again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family