“convenient location”

Quality Inn Creekside
Ranked #35 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I really liked the location of this hotel is within walking distance to pretty much everything in Gatlinburg, the breakfast was good and the staff was friendly, however i do agree with the reviewer who said the hotel needs more cleaning there are a lot of spiders and dust, probably because of the proximity to the trees.

Room Tip: try to get one facing the creek.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

My family and I stayed for 2 night and it was great in everyway. Beds were very clean and comfortable, I slept very well. Very spacious, clean. Air conditioner worked great, actually a little too great, it kept it very cool in there and we had to turn it back a bit, which was not a problem. The staff was very courteous and helpful. The front desk staff were very helpful and appreciative. The pool was quite lovely, very clean. Breakfast was great and it is the perfect location, we had just a short walk to the strip. I Highly recommended this hotel, the price was amazing and our stay there made our trip perfect.

Room Tip: We were given a room overlooking the creek which was very peaceful especially in the evening when we...
Reviewed July 28, 2012

The hotel was fine. Very convenient location, just inside Gatlinburg from the Smokies entrance, so one doesn't have to go through all that traffic to get away or back in from the park, but handy right at the end of the strip for walking that when one wants. The room (poolside, single story structure) was a bit musty, but otherwise was enjoyable. Televisions are older tube style, but worked alright. The free breakfast was alright too. The rate was what makes the overall rating 'very good' as it was a very good rate-- booked directly on Choice website, AAA rate.

Room Tip: The poolside room was really convenient, but if others are musty like ours was, you might want to be...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I booked through Choice Hotels and got a $59 advance purchase nonrefundable rate. I stayed in room 162 and I got what I paid for which was a very cheap room on the main strip. The guy at the front desk said we were in the newer building on the hill but after seeing our room I would be scared to stay in the old building. The first thing you noticed after entering the building was the smell- like a burning smell. Turns out the electrical room was very close by. The room was dusty, vents were missing from the A/C unit and the A/C was covered in dust. The lamp had large amounts of dust on it and the door leading out to the patio area had cobwebs. It looked like someone had cleaned the room and then no one had entered the room for months.Upon entering the bathroom, I was disgusted to see that the corners where the wall and tile met were completely black. The shower and toilet were clean though but the floor was disgusting. The fridge was barely cool and all of our leftovers spoiled and we had to throw them away. The A/C was off when we checked in that afternoon and it took a good 5 hours before getting the room cool but not cold. The bed was hard and lumpy. I was almost tempted to lose the money I spent on the nonrefundable room and find a nicer hotel. It was very hard to find a comfortable enough spot to sleep. The free breakfast was pretty good. We stayed during the week and there was cereal, biscuit and gravy, donuts, muffins and juice on the bar. The location was also very convenient and right on the strip with many shops and restaurants close by. I would not stay here again and would definitely spend more money for a decent night sleep and a clean room.

2  Thank bamagirl777
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Never stayed here before but have visited Gatlinburg every year for along time.
I had high hopes for the hotel but was a little let down. The room was outdated,
air conditioner quit running at 4am, at 5am the garbage service emptied the
dumperster located outside our room with a loud "bang" "bang" "bang" which
woke my friend quickly, a huge thousand legged bug was discovered above our
bed in the ceiling corner by a spider cobweb, room was big, location was in the
middle of town by a creek, and large amount of ants were on the sidewalk
outside the room. I had high hopes for the place but was a little let down.
The front desk people were friendly, cooperative, responsive, and had
great customer service skills. I think it was one of those times when things
went wrong.

If you like a good location, friendly front desk people, a good breakfast, and
low priced rooms this would work for you.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Meridian, Mississippi, USA
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Excellent hotel! Best place to stay in Gatlinberg! Staff was VERY helpful, hotel close to everything (walking distance) very clean room, excellent breakfast every morning. I would NEVER stay any place else if I go back!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from a stay here. Pros: location is great. You can walk everywhere. Breakfast was adequate. Rooms are large. The rooms on the hill are apparently newer and have better parking. Room was clean and smelled fine. Cons: Beds are absolutely awful. I could not have slept in the bed one more night. Staff was mostly rude. Upon checking in I overheard a very rude manager. Saw breakfast person picking items off tables and putting back in bins..butter, napkins, etc. I called to find out how safe works. In room folder said safes were free. Front desk had no idea how to work them and said fee of 3.00 per day for use. Lots of trash around property especially near the patio of my room. Internet never worked for me unless I went outside in parking lot. I enjoyed the location but there are nicer hotels in the same area that I would choose next time. Pool is far. Pool near my room looks good but it is for condos not hotel guests...misleading.

• Stayed: July 2012