“30th Anniversary”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of A Love Story

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
IF YOU VISIT THE ISLAND IN PIGEON FORGE, THIS IS THE LIVING STATUE THAT IS A LIVING PERSON.
THIS IS SOME OF THE FRIENDLY ANIMALS AT HATFIELD AND MCCOYS.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

DJohnson1...
Stanley, North Carolina
“30th Anniversary ”
Reviewed August 15, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

I booked the cabin for a short Anniversary get-a-way. The Cabin was exactly as described and just what I was looking for. The cabin is secluded. There are others around, but this is very private. Fantastic view from the deck / hot tub. The cabin is beautiful inside and very cozy. The owner told us she recently remodeled the bathroom. It was beautiful....loved the shower. We enjoyed the tub upstairs and the king size bed was very comfortable. We got lots of rest, relaxation and couple time. The cabin is close to town and if you don't want to drive in, a trolley stop is within a couple miles. If you are looking for a beautiful, romantic and simple couples get a way...this is the place for you! We will definitely be back!!!!

Date of stay: August 2017
Aug 16, 2017
WOW!!!!! I am so glad that you liked the cabin so well. It is truly great to hear such kind words. I love the way you took such great care of the cabin. Hope to get to work with you in the future. GOD BLESS!!!!
Jwheath52
Calhoun, Kentucky
“Disappointed”
Reviewed April 28, 2017 for a stay in April 2017
people found this review helpful

We were disappointed in the cleaniness of the cabin. The bedding appeared to be old and wasn't sure if the blanket had been cleaned. When we removed the pillow cases the pillows were stained and dirty. Wound up having to buy pillows and bed linens before we could sleep. Bath room shower has what appeared to mold on floor around shower. Spent our first night cleaning and disinfecting. Limited supply of towels and wash cloths as well as one roll of tollit paper. Cut our stay short and left a day early.

Date of stay: April 2017
Apr 29, 2017
I AM THE OWNER OF THIS CABIN AND I GO TO THE CABIN AFTER EVERY STAY TO MAKE SURE THAT THE CABIN HAS BEEN TAKEN CARE OF. THIS COUPLE COMPLAINED BEFORE THE STAY EVER ARRIVED. THEY COMPLAINED ABOUT THE CABIN BEING DIRTY AND SAID THE CLEANERS DID NOT CLEAN IT. WELL WHAT THEY DID NOT KNOW WAS THAT I PERSONALLY GO TO THE CABIN AFTER EVERY STAY. THEY WERE IN TOWN THAT MORNING WANTING THE CABIN AND I PERSONALLY WENT UP TO THE CABIN TO DO THE EXTRA TOUCHES TO MAKE SURE THAT THE CABIN WAS READY FOR THEM. THEN I CALLED TO TELL IT WAS READY. I TOOK CLEAN SHEETS AND CLEAN BEDSPREAD TO PUT ON THE BED. ROSE PEDALS, PANCAKE MIX ETC. AFTER THEY LEFT, I WENT UP AND FOUND THE BEDROOM HAD BEEN STAGED PERFECTLY WITH DEAD ANTS ON MY PILLOWS, MASHED. BULBS IN THE CABIN WERE ALL BLOWN. EXTRA LINENS NOT USED AND EXTRA TOILET PAPER IN BATHROOM NOT USED. HOT TUB TOWELS NOT USED. THE CABIN WAS LEFT IN BAD SHAPE, WORSE THAN EVER BEFORE. I THOUGHT THAT THEY WERE GOING TO TRY TO GET THERE MONEY BACK AFTER THEY STAYED THE WHOLE TIME, BECAUSE I COULD NOT UNDERSTAND ALL THE EVIDENCE OF SETTING DISPLAYS UP FOR PHOTOS. THIS CABIN IS NOT THE TAJ MAHAL, BUT IT IS A PRIVATE LITTLE CABIN IN THE WOODS. IF YOU DO NOT LIKE BEING OUT TO YOURSELF IN THE WOODS. STAY IN THE CITY. I WOULD NEVER RENT TO THIS GUEST AGAIN.
Kelly C
“Love Story cabin ”
Reviewed January 30, 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

This cabin was very intimate and private. Very clean. Perfect for a romantic getaway. We had an amazing stay and will return.

Date of stay: January 2017
Jan 31, 2017
THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE NICE REVIEW. I HOPE TO GET TO WORK WITH YOU AGAIN IN THE FUTURE. GOD BLESS.
Sightseer...
“Excellent”
Reviewed November 9, 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

Excellent location and a great cabin! Had a super time!! Very steep drive with gravel leading up to cabin!! A little tough on a big cruiser bike but really had no issues!!

Date of stay: August 2016
akirchner...
Dublin, Ohio
“We loved it!”
Reviewed June 12, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

The cabin is in a great location, not far from downtown Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge. Janice made it very easy to find and access the cabin. We were very happy with the cabin and would definitely consider returning in the future.

Date of stay: June 2016
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Jun 13, 2016
I AM SO GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOU LIKED THE CABIN AND CERTAINLY HOPE THAT YOU WILL COME BACK IN THE FUTURE. I TRY TO MAKE EVERY GUEST STAY A MEMORABLE ONE. GOD BLESS YOU AS YOU GO FORWARD IN LIFE.
Carriela3...
Skewen, United Kingdom
“Awesome!!!”
Reviewed August 31, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

A beautiful cabin set in extremely serene surroundings. I booked this as a surprise for my husbands 50th birthday. We found the cabin easily as we used a Tom Tom sat nav of our own which we updated with the American maps although Janice gave detailed instructions. The drive to the cabin was a bit rough and very steep when off the main road so you will need to take your time on arrival. We did use our sat nav to get us back to the cabin when we went out as all roads through the mountain looked similar.
We had an issue with the door key code being changed from the original code I was given, and had received no advance notice, after driving for 5 hours this was disappointing, however, although nobody is overlooking the cabin, it is secluded by trees, the neighbour is close enough to help us and they were very accommodating. Plus at this point I would like to add that as we were in the mountains, phone signal is not the best and we could not get hold of Janice ourselves without the neighbours help.
I would advise if the code was to be changed at short notice there should be someone there to meet the visitors, we did have a very frustrating hour trying to get in to the cabin
The cabin itself - how beautiful!!! It's fully equipped with everything you need except for food, drink and clothing.
The best points I would describe would be the heart shaped bath in the bedroom, the hot tub on the balcony, pool table and Wurlitzer. Hot water is almost immediate, more than spacious for two people, air con is excellent as is the BBQ to use. Wifi access was brilliant, we had downloaded music of our own so this was ideal. The bed was extremely comfortable. My original concerns were about the height in the bedroom as my hubby is 6ft 5 but there was no issues.
Only a few concerns, the fan in the bathroom was quite loud if used at night, the cd collection could be updated, I would advise travellers to take your own but the Wurlitzer a superb and novel way to listen to music and does have a radio. As we were there in August, it was very humid and needed to use mosquito repellent, there are some rather huge bugs out there. We did have trouble using the television, followed the instructions on the fridge but could not get it working.
Gatlinburg is a beautiful little town with every you need but is a drive a way although there is a lot of parking throughout. Take a ride on the sky lift, some awesome views.
Taking everything into consideration, we would definitely return for a longer stay here, peaceful, comfortable, well equipped and totally romantic.
Thank you Janice for allowing us to rent your beautiful cabin and we hope we can return for longer next time we visit.

Date of stay: August 2015
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The whole experience
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Jenny H
“Very romantic!!”
Reviewed June 17, 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

Loved the secluded cabin. It was very clean and the directions Janice gave were perfect. We hope to visit again soon!

Date of stay: June 2015
Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing