“Waste of Money!”

Ober Gatlinburg Amusement Park & Ski Area
Ranked #20 of 112 things to do in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Owner description: From downtown Gatlinburg, hop on to the 120 passenger aerial tramway for a ride to this ski area with a 600-foot vertical drop, nine beautiful trails and an amusement park complete with indoor ice skating, wildlife encounter, Alpine Slide, water rides and more.
Reviewed July 25, 2006

We rode the Tramway up to Ober and it was OK, however when you have done it once, that is all you need to ride it. Also, the site is nice, but when you get to the top at OBER, there is nothing. The amusement park is not work the money, and the bears, if you have seen one , you have seen them all..

If you have never been, you are not missing anything. And if you do go, you will see why you wouldn't want to go again.

9  Thank CharityRConner
There are newer reviews for Ober Gatlinburg Amusement Park & Ski Area

Reviewed June 12, 2006

Didn't really like the tram ride up the mountain, crowded, no place to sit down. But we paid an additional six dollars to ride the chair lift on up the mountain. It was so peaceful and relaxing. It was beautiful up there and the band that played was great. We enjoyed the treat.

2  Thank TinTexas
Reviewed May 22, 2006

We went here so my daughters can ice skate. Other than the skating, it was boring. They need to add more attractions here.

3  Thank tekidt
Reviewed February 25, 2006

We went to Ober Saturday, February 18th, 2006. We're glad that we got there early because when we left around 2:00 p.m., there was a huge crowd and long lines.

It was our first time skiing. I just think that our instructor wasn't very patient. We took the 1-hour lesson. And after the lesson we weren't in any shape to ski down any slope unless we wanted to hurt ourselves as well as other people.

Also, the instructor never showed us how to get up on our own if we fell. It was a long walk from the ski rentals to the lockers. And I wasn't impressed with the inside of the facility.

Well, at least we had the experience, I guess.

8  Thank gapeachvegas
Reviewed February 13, 2006

We went to Ober to ski during a snow storm in FEB. It was my husbands first time, and I think the slopes were great for just that. I am a little more experienced as a skiier, and althought I did not test the black diamonds, I did all (well, really both) of the easy ones. They were short and only took seconds to get down, then I had to get in line to go back up for my big few seconds.
Inside the lodge I thought was nice, despite some of the other reviews. The bar area is nice with windows overlooking the slopes which is fun while you warm up. The food was as good as any other bar food.
Granted we are not big carnival people, but weren't impressed with the rest of the inside.
And who's idea was it to put the ski and boot rental on one side and the lockers all the way on the other side??? My socks were drenched after we had to return our stuff! Lockers are $1 each time you use it.
All in all, it is great for beginner skiers and small children skiers. I can't imagine it being fun any other time

5  Thank LaurenEk77