Ober Gatlinburg Amusement Park & Ski Area
Ranked #18 of 110 things to do in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Owner description: From downtown Gatlinburg, hop on to the 120 passenger aerial tramway for a ride to this ski area with a 600-foot vertical drop, nine beautiful trails and an amusement park complete with indoor ice skating, wildlife encounter, Alpine Slide, water rides and more.
Charleston
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“visit”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I think this place is overrated. The tram ride is good for the view but not cheap. You can also drive up the mtn rd that is not a bad drive but you have to pay $5 a car. before you get to Ober.
I didn't think that was fair, just a guard in the middle of the rd holding out his hand with a sign. We did eat at one of the places upstairs, hamburgers and fries. They were quite large and good. Won't go back.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Patricia M

Clarksville, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“This is a Must See!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This was not my first Gatlinburg trip, but it was my first experience with the Ober Gatlinburg Tramway and it did not disappoint! It was a beautiful scenic trip up the mountain and the admission fee was quite reasonable especially since it is good for unlimited trips for 2 days. If you are military make sure to ask for a discount because it makes a BIG difference!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank tngirl319
Deatsville, Alabama
“Off-Peak Season it's Worth the Trip!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I remembered this ride as a child (when the tram wasn't as old and decayed) and wanted to ride it again during our visit this October. Having now done the ride during peak leaf season, I no longer have to wonder how it feels to be packed in a can of sardines. Since I'm a petite-sized sardine, I was barely able to see trees, but had a lovely view of a couple of backs and bums. On the ride back we were able to squeeze in by the window (also known as the tram door) and I was worried the door might give way (or the cables) due to all the people stacked on the decrepit tram. I couldn't enjoy the view for worrying that my husband was getting his wallet stolen by the person jammed behind him, or for fear of being expelled from the tram as the seams suddenly burst open. None of my worries proved true--still, I'd advise you to skip this ride if there's any sort of a line. Try it in off-peak season when you'll be able to enjoy the view of the mountains without the other sardines.

Visited October 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“must do!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Not only the kids enjoyed it but everyone in our group. We had never been on anything even similar to the tramway. It's very stable, not too wobbly at all. Quite big as well. We felt very comfortable and safe. The ride is beautiful, overlooking mountain side.

Visited December 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Non-winter visit for Oktoberfest was average.”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Saw brochures about Oktoberfest and was excited to visit. Our visit was a bit ho-hum with some bright spots.

Bright spots: the Sky Lift and Alpine Slid. Alpine slide was a blast! Lunch and German music in the restaurant was fun and tasty.

Low spots: very little German beer selection. No other Oktoberfest activities going on. Pop music playing in the tavern during Oktoberfest.

Visited November 2013