“Customer service/business policies are horrible.”

Smoky Mountain Winery
Ranked #37 of 112 things to do in Gatlinburg
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Let me start by saying the blackberry wine that we PURCHASED there was great.

I capitalized purchased because we went to this establishment with the intent to buy our favorite wine after the taste testing, which we did. They had a sign that stated "no public restrooms," which in my experience means if you are not a paying customer, don't bother.

We purchased a bottle of wine and then my wife asked if they had a restroom to use and the lady with no customer service skills at all said, "we don't have a restroom you can use, but there is a gas station up the road you could stop at and use."

This is ridiculous as a sales person or as a company policy. I would not recommend them at all.

2  Thank Tim B
There are newer reviews for Smoky Mountain Winery

Reviewed January 17, 2014

We just happened upon this winery on the way to our resort but it was worth stopping by. It's not in the middle of the regular tourist stuff but is easy to find. The lady working was very friendly and entertaining. It was hard to make a purchase decision because everything we tasted was good. Definitely worth stopping by when in town.

1  Thank sevensluky
Reviewed December 22, 2013

was small but nice. Good staff. Great little stop while shopping. Warms your heart on a cold day. Did purchase two bottles for gifts.

1  Thank 391nicoles
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I live in GA, but we visit Gatlinburg often. I always stop here for some really great wines. They are not too sweet and taste like wine, not like syrup! Some wineries in the south are way to sweet. I appreciate the taste of these wines.

3  Thank Wendi B
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We try to make sure we stop in every time we visit. The wines are great and they always let you taste before you buy. They also have a great gift shop where you can buy something for yourself or gift for that wine lover. I loved their 50% off table and picked up a few nice gifts for friends and family.

3  Thank SusieQ5753