“Fun and unusual”

Ripley's Believe It or Not!
Ranked #46 of 119 things to do in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The only place in Gatlinburg where you'll find shrunken heads, a 12ft tall superhero sculpture made of scrap car parts, an authentic vampire killing kit, one-of-a-kind artwork, tons of hands-on interactives, and a wicked spinning vortex tunnel!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I took our 12 year-old twin girls to this museum on their request during Spring Break. Pre purchased tickets online as a bundle pack for other attractions; would recommend this. We didn't wait in line at all, walked right in. Attraction was very clean, not crowded at all. Reminded us of an old 'freak show' kind of thing, but then again, our family loves that stuff. We had fun, and would recommend this to all.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,695)
All reviews
in 279 reviews
"facts"
in 41 reviews

Reviewed April 28, 2013

The museum overall was fantastic. There were a lot of great exhibits there. The only thing I would suggest is that "Cassie" that works behind the counter on the inside where you can make wax hands get fired! She was horrible. As my husband and I were waiting in line we found her having unprofessional conversation with the customers, she was slow and rude. She was not professional or courteous at all. I wanted a heart base on the bottom of our hand and she said that she didn't know how to make it and when her co-worker came back, the co-worker offered to show her and she said that she was not interested in learning how to make the base and that she "didn't want to learn". How professional is that. Not only that but then her boyfriend came in and she started talking with him as though our husband and I didn't even exist. Just rude. But other than that the rest of our experience as great!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I am so glad we went to this 1 time. On family vacations to Niagara Falls & Chicago we have seen these but never went. So, was it worth it? Yes. The kids loved it, we seen some amazing displays and realized there are some weird people out there!

We bought the package for the aquarium and 2 attractions...this is 1 of those 2 we chose. I'm glad we picked this 1.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I enjoyed looking at the exhibits in the museum. I am not sure of the regular price of the museum because I bought the ticket in a Ripley's package (I recommend this because it was slightly cheaper).