“AWESOME”

Ripley's Believe It or Not!
Ranked #23 of 109 things to do in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The only place in Gatlinburg where you'll find shrunken heads, a 12ft tall superhero sculpture made of scrap car parts, an authentic vampire killing kit, one-of-a-kind artwork, tons of hands-on interactives, and a wicked spinning vortex tunnel!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Stairs / elevator
Mount Sterling, Kentucky
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“AWESOME”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

It was fun for all ages! Right on the strip, so if you're in Gatlinburg, you will be driving by it. SO worth a stop!

Houston, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Like any other Ripley's Museum”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was just an ok place to go. We bought a 3 pack when we went to Ripley's Aquarium, but won't do that again. The other attractions were just not that great. This museum is just ok, if you have ever been to a Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum before, don't bother going to this one. They are all pretty much the same.

Visited March 2013
Andy T, Marketing at Ripley's Believe It or Not!, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Brandie,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We apologize that your visit did not meet your expectations. We are always trying to give our guests an experience like nowhere else. We do keep a few exhibits consistent through our museums, as there is a limit to the items that Robert Ripley was able to collect. However, we are constantly acquiring new exhibits every year and we hope that you will give us another chance in the future to see the new oddities we have found around the world. Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts, they will help us continue to move forward to give our guests the best possible experience.
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Interesting”
Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

A lot of it is photos or videos. I had a stroller for my children and it was horrible navigating those stairs with the stroller. No one warned me about all the flight of stairs I would have to climb with a double stroller. It would have been nice if someone told me and I could leave my stroller at the entrance and they could have walked the exhibit. It was good for a one time thing, will not go back for a second time.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Not my favorite attraction on the parkway”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The cost is high compaired to what you get. This is a collection of odd exhibits that can be interesting. The venue is cramped, however and we had a some trouble getting a stroller through some areas. They do have an elevator, though and that made it ieasier to get to the other floors and see everything. It takes a long time to get through all of the displays, especially if you are a reader of every placard and notation on every picture, exhibit and item in the place. We do that.

Visited March 2013
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I am happy to hear that you took the time to read all of the signage for the exhibits. This is the best way to get the full experience of how odd a lot of these exhibits are. I hope that you will visit us again to see what new exhibits we will have!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Worth doing once!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

There are a lot of interesting stories and (we'll assume) facts to be learned here. Good displays for the most part. Some fun little scares here and there through out the museum. Not guided, so you can take as much or as little time as you'd like. It looked stupid to me from the outside, but I'm glad we did it - worth doing once in your life!

Visited February 2013