“Expensive but worth it” 4 of 5 bubbles

Book a Tour
Ranked #2 of 108 things to do in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies in Gatlinburg, TN, is literally teeming with life - over 10,000 exotic sea creatures in 350 individual species. There are more fish in this aquarium than there are people living in the entire town of Gatlinburg!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children, Stroller parking, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Pooler, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Expensive but worth it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

Took my family there and my granddaughter was enthralled with the tanks and all the marine life. You could do some petting and there were educational talks as well.

Visited January 2014
Mark I, Manager at Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for the kind review! We hope to see you again soon!

• Polish first
  • Thai first
Sandwich, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“My Kids love it. Jellyfish they thought they were in Bikini Bottom.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

My 3 and 5 year old loved it. I did't feel like I wasted my money on this on Place. They have hands on with jellyfish. (My kids were so excited about this. You can touch Sting Rays. You have photo you can take and purchase. The food is expensive but that's not what we for anyway.. This is my second time there and I will be there a 3rd time.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Theresa S
Madison, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great time at the Aquarium”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

We loved the penguins show and the sting ray feedings. The gift shop was rather reasonably priced too.

Visited June 2014
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Believe or not, just average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

I expected more from this aquarium. It was boring and not worth my time.

They did have some interesting fish, such as the rock fish, but I was looking for more than a few interesting tanks.

I did enjoy the penguins.

Wheelchair access was appreciated.

Visited May 2014
Mark I, Marketing at Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. I apologize for your experience during your visit. Your review will help us to better our facility for future visitors. Thank you!
Conehatta, Mississippi
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“We had a blast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

My family and I had a great time at the Aquarium. My kids were amazed at all the different animals that they have there. It's totally worth the admission price!

Visited June 2014