“A good time”

Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies
Ranked #3 of 108 things to do in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies in Gatlinburg, TN, is literally teeming with life - over 10,000 exotic sea creatures in 350 individual species. There are more fish in this aquarium than there are people living in the entire town of Gatlinburg!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage
Lakeland, Florida
77 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 124 helpful votes
“A good time”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We visit this place, which is right across from the hotel we usually stay in, each time we are in town. Its a nice aquarium, with a few restaurants and a gift shop, and a play area for the kiddos.

Visited March 2013

30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Nice Facility”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Was surprised by this aquarium. It was very nice and the price was ok when bundled with other attrcations. I would put it on par with Tennessee and Atlanta Aquariums.

Visited November 2013
Jenkins
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fun for All”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I loved seeing things you only find in a ocean (or your Aquarium destingation.) It is unique. I loved making this a part of our trip and do so on a regular basis. It is clean, informative and leaves you in awe...

Visited July 2013
Lexington, South Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Best Aquarium Ever!”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I've been here before about 5 years ago, it was even more awesome than last time. I love the addition of the penguins. My 4 year old had a great time. The dinosaur exhibit (limited time) was very neat. Affordable garage parking right behind building or it also a main trolley stop.

Visited November 2013
Taylorsville, North Carolina
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“I was very pleased "Awesome Aquarium"”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I must admit, I was not all for this trip when the wife wanted to go because I thought it was just way too much money just to go to another aquarium. I was thinking if you’ve seen one, you’ve them all but I was very surprised and very pleased. I can say I may even go back again! If you have kids it is for sure a must on the list of things to do!

Visited December 2012