“Fun”

Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies
Ranked #3 of 108 things to do in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies in Gatlinburg, TN, is literally teeming with life - over 10,000 exotic sea creatures in 350 individual species. There are more fish in this aquarium than there are people living in the entire town of Gatlinburg!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Stroller parking, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Jasper, IN
“Fun”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Seeing all the fish in the Aquarium was lots of fun, plus the parking was nice because you can park there for the rest of the day and still only be charged a flat rate.

• Polish first
  • Thai first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Beautiful facility, great for kids”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We went to the aquarium while on a family vacation with our 7 month old daughter (my brother was there with his 16 month old daughter as well). Both girls were able to enjoy it and there was no cost for either of them. Overall, I'd say its a bit pricey ($25 per adult) but as a one-off it was worth seeing. We really enjoyed the sharks lagoon and the music playing in the background was so relaxing. Our daughter loved the penguins especially the tunnel out into the middle of their enclosure. She got a big kick out of the pods in the kids area the let you go up into the middle of the fish tanks.

Clarksville, Tennessee
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wonderful”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This was probably the highlight of my trip. Only downfall was the screaming children who were visiting from schools. I enjoyed everything about the aquarium. It was amazing to see divers in the shark lagoon. As an adult, I still love to visit a good aquarium and this is probably the best I have been to!

1 Thank OliviaV23
Petoskey, Michigan
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Best aquarium”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We drove out of our way on way back from Florida to Michigan to visit this aquarium. I went several years and it is still by far one of the best aquariums I've been to. Love the shark tanks, rays, fish-you can even hold a horseshoe crab :) had a great time!!

1 Thank im_dawn
Savannah, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome!!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Great time and worth the price. Lots of exotic fish! The shark tunnel is informative and amazing. I would recommend to anyone with interest in this kind of thing. I would go again myself!