“Wonderful”

Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies
Ranked #2 of 109 things to do in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies in Gatlinburg, TN, is literally teeming with life - over 10,000 exotic sea creatures in 350 individual species. There are more fish in this aquarium than there are people living in the entire town of Gatlinburg!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking
Clarksville, Tennessee
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wonderful”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This was probably the highlight of my trip. Only downfall was the screaming children who were visiting from schools. I enjoyed everything about the aquarium. It was amazing to see divers in the shark lagoon. As an adult, I still love to visit a good aquarium and this is probably the best I have been to!

1 Thank OliviaV23

• Polish first
  • Thai first
Petoskey, Michigan
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Best aquarium”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We drove out of our way on way back from Florida to Michigan to visit this aquarium. I went several years and it is still by far one of the best aquariums I've been to. Love the shark tanks, rays, fish-you can even hold a horseshoe crab :) had a great time!!

1 Thank im_dawn
Savannah, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome!!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Great time and worth the price. Lots of exotic fish! The shark tunnel is informative and amazing. I would recommend to anyone with interest in this kind of thing. I would go again myself!

Visited March 2013
“Best aquarium I've been to!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I took 8 children to the aquarium all under the age of seven and all of them seemed to thoroughly enjoy it. The 3 adults who were with me and I all enjoyed it as well. The tunnel through their aquarium is a great way to get a close up of many fish. The experience of having sharks coming right at you is thrilling especially with several inches of plexiglass separating us. There were several shows to view and little things for the toddlers to enjoy. This is the first Ripleys attraction that's actually worth the money.

Grenada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Pretty good”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We went here because my son is crazy about fish! We seen sharks, octopus, sting rays and penguins ! The children were overwhelmed! The smell kinda made me a bit nauseas . But all and all it was very good.