“Pricey so maybe no second visit?”

Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies
Ranked #3 of 114 things to do in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies in Gatlinburg, TN, is literally teeming with life - over 10,000 exotic sea creatures in 350 individual species. There are more fish in this aquarium than there are people living in the entire town of Gatlinburg!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Super expensive so allow plenty of time to enjoy it all. Lots of fish and learning exhibits for kids and kids at heart! If it were more affordable we would go every year. Touching a stingray was one of my favorite things!

Write a ReviewReviews (11,820)

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We visited the Ripley's Aquarium on Friday September 28, 2012. We are a rather large family in number my husband and I have 6 children between us. They vary in age the oldest is 16 the youngest is 6. All the children enjoyed all the tanks with the fish in them. They all had a great time in "Touch a Ray Bay" where they were able to touch a stingray. They had a huge shark exhibit on display while it was on our children all were glued to the tv watching "Shark Week." That was very exciting to them to see sharks in the incubators. It was such a pleasure to my husband and I to see the children light up when seeing a new creature. Finding Nemo is back out in 3D so they loved to see Nemo, Dori, and the other fish in the movie. I would take my children back to the aquarium the next time we visit the area. I found it to be very interactive for children and adults alike.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We enjoyed the aquarium, but if you can get to Atlanta, the aquarium there has larger displays and more specimens for the same price...

Reviewed October 3, 2012

If your coming to town with kids its a must see, mine love it every time! This past summer they had mermaids, I wish we had known hopefully they will have them next summer! Check for discounts before purchasing tickets.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We've visited this aquarium twice. The kids love it. I think it's a good aquarium, not super. We get in on a military discount with is substantial. I would NEVER pay the retail price to visit this aquarium, as it is simply not worth it.