“Great picnic lunch!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We picked up some sandwiches, and all the fixings, before heading into the park for the day. The food was awesome! More than enough for my hungry family. Well worth the stop!

1  Thank daveb186

Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

The food is unbelievable! An awesome store! Great people! Will mist definitely stop there on my next visit to Gatlinburg.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

We were going in to the Park to hike and stopped here to pickup something for a picnic lunch and we were pleased that there was a deli where we could get fresh sandwiches. They package the tomato, lettuce and condiments separately so your sandwich stays dry. Lots of other munchies and drinks to buy here, too. They don't have the widest sandwich selection but the basics are available.

2  Thank DONNAandJANET
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We purchased several sandwiches at Old Dad's. They were very fresh and were piled high with meat. Well worth the visit.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I am all over the board here on rating this "place". It is a store that has four or five tables you can sit at to eat their sandwiches. It is a cheap place to eat comparative to other restaurants in Gatlinburg. So it will definitely help the budget conscious. But sitting inside the dimly lit store while shoppers walk around you would not seem very appealing to me while I ate. I purchased our sandwich fixings at Old Dad's and took it to a picnic area in the Smokey Mountain National Park. It is perfectly placed for this kind of an opportunity. The cold cuts and cheese were just like what you would purchase at many other places. Perhaps it is the setting that makes this place get its rave reviews. I will say the family thought I was a hero for thinking of the picnic idea. So just understand that this place although classified as a restaurant would not be the place I would recommend you to eat their food. But if you have them pack you some lunch items and take it to the Smokey's then you have the makings for a very memorable experience.

2  Thank wetravelalot007