“loved this place!”

and up
Day Tour: Moonshine and Wine Tasting from Gatlinburg
Ranked #8 of 112 things to do in Gatlinburg
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Visited here for their wine tasting on Friday night, great wine, fun people. I'm so glad we stopped in. Met a guy from Texas that worked there, he was a delight to talk to. A must go!

There are newer reviews for Sugarland Cellars Winery

Reviewed April 22, 2013

The tour was excellent, was given by an ex school teacher, cant remember her name. but it was lovely! she was full of nice facts for beginners, and great facts about the owners and the winery. i'm a bit of a wine snob, as i know what i like. This place had great sweet and semi sweet wines. i dont care to drink real dry wines these days. The semi-sweet wines were just my speed. If you love wine, make sure to do their wine trail. free tastings and like the other reviewers, yes you do get a free wine glass and t-shirt.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

If you love wine, you have to do the wine trail! It was a cold rainy day when I stopped in. I loved the atmosphere, outside you are nestled beside the mountains and inside it was cozy and inviting.

Did the tasting and tried their sweet wines. Wiley Oakley, Mountain Laurel and Cherry Kee, all very good, but the Cherry Kee was even greater when paired with chocolate!

These guys were very friendly and knowledgeable.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Very friendly staff and some pretty nice wines to taste. I was not familiar with muscadine wines and really enjoyed their Rose blend of white and red muscadine. (bought a couple bottles of that). We decided to try the Rocky Top Wine trail where you get a free glass when you visit 3 wineries and a free tee shirt if you visit all five. We picked up our t-shirt at Eagle Springs Winery on our way home. My other favorite was Hillside Winery, they give a tour of the production areas and we even got a glass of their Hillside Spumante served by their head chemist. Very friendly and we learned a lot of the how and why of making the bubbly wines (which they specialize in)
If you enjoy wine I would recommend you try the tour.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is a nice winery in downtown Gatlinburg. The only winery in downtown Gatlinburg. We've been here several times and 'have' bought a wine or two. The staff is cordial and the wines are fair to good. Guess I'm too much of a wine snob to give it a two thumbs up!
Many people really like sweet wines and if that is what you crave, then you will find what you like here.