Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites on the River(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$104
$71
EconoLodge
Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$80
$149
$139
Hampton.com
$99
Bearskin Lodge on the River Hotel(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$194
$159
$129
The Edgewater Hotel(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$119
$109
Gatlinburg Inn(Gatlinburg)
$139
$116
$972
getaroom.com
3,055 results
All reviewswater parkindoor waterparkmason jarsmokehouse grillshuttle servicebedroom deluxepigeon forgefull kitchensmoky mountainwasher and dryerlazy riverspring breakfamily vacationnational parktrolley stopconciergecabin
Reviewed January 18, 2010

I read the reviews after booking at this resort and almost canceled. This is a very nice resort with lots to do no matter what age but geared up for kids mostly. I stayed in the 1bdrm deluxe which was spacious and very clean. I can't see why it gets bad reviews but everyone has there opinions. I say that peak season could be a hassel but i really enjoyed the stay. I went to the sales pitch but declined this resort is going to be one of the best in the future once everything i complete. The prices are slightly higher than most resorts but someone is buying them they were sold out. Water park was nice but a little small. The resort is away from everything but close to gatlinburg I would go back to this resort in the future but not do sales pitch its not worth the hassel so i would recommend this resort.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2015

Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us. We have renovated our property since you last visited and welcome you back to see what more we have improved on.

Reviewed January 15, 2010

Fantastic views, incredible rooms, and lots of fun for all!

Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed January 12, 2010

I didn't even get the chance to stay at this hotel. I spent ages on the phone booking my reservation and got a great "deal" by getting the hotel website's offer of $149 for 3 days/2 nights and 2 water park tickets. What they don't advertise on the website is that you HAVE to listen to a 90 minute presentation to get this deal. So I agreed to the presentation, only to have the hotel call me back the very next day to say that they weren't offering the tour/presentation on the day that they had told me. Therefore, they said I either had to pay an extra $199 to get my room without the "deal" that only came with the 90 minute presentation OR I had to change the days of my reservation and come in a day earlier. All this AFTER they had already processed my credit card and told me what a great "deal" their offer was. Westgate has TOTALLY misrepresented their services and are only out to scam their unsuspecting customers! Not to mention their incredible lack of customer service....their reservation manager, Matt, acted like it was MY fault that THEY did not have a presentation/tour on the date that THEY arranged for me. When I got nothing helpful from Matt, I asked to speak to his supervisor (and unfortunately can't remember her name) and talked to a woman who was even more disrespectful if that is possible. She spoke over me and didn't even listen to what I was saying and told me that since I "couldn't make a decision about my reservation that they would make one for me!" At that point, I told them that my decision would be to NEVER give a dime to Westgate or their hotels and make sure that no one I know ever does!!! I haven't checked my credit card account yet, but they sure as hell had better refund my money. If you want to get cheated, conned, and lied to...this is a great resort for you! My vacation was ruined before it even started. Hope you have better luck!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Tottenham33

Reviewed January 8, 2010

The room itself was beautiful and clean, but the construction was horrible. We could hear our neighbors conversation plain as day, as well as chairs being dragged across the tile floors above us. We also had to endure a 1 1/2-hour presentation in which the salesperson would not take NO for an answer. They'll try every tactic imagineable to sucker you into purchasing. After the SIXTH time telling her we were not interested, she finally gave up, and became much less friendly. My advice is to rent one of the many available cabins, where you will maintain privacy, peace & quiet, and not find yourself harrassed by greedy salespeople.

1  Thank Foodieintn98

Reviewed January 7, 2010

We have been suckered into buying into this resort this place is the worst place we have ever stayed and we have never been treated so rude and mean in our lives the staff are awful greedy people stay at a hotel you will be so much happier or a cabin some where else.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family