3,096 results
All reviews water park indoor waterpark mason jar shuttle service timeshare owners bedroom deluxe pigeon forge full kitchen smoky mountain washer dryer lazy river spring break family vacation trolley stop concierge cabin accommodations
Reviewed February 7, 2014

This was an excellent place to stay. Great location between Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. The staff was always very helpful and friendly. The facilities were very good. They do need to fix their TV reception and have more spa times available. Everything else was great. We would stay here again and will recommend to others too.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Thank you so much for your review. We are so thrilled that you enjoyed the location of our resort. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed our resort amenities and services. We are also thrilled to hear that our staff was able to assist you during your stay. We always look forward to providing our owners and guests with a memorable vacation. We hope you will visit us soon.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

My daughter and I took her 3 yr old and 11 mo. old to this resort for a week. It was perfect! The 3 yr and playing in the snow. Our 1 bedroom deluxe was gorgeous, spacious, clean, well decorated. Every staff member we came in contact with (and there were quite a few) was gracious, friendly and helpful. We will definitely use this resort again.

Room Tip: Check out the map of the resort to decided the best location for you. Some are on top of a mountain. Shuttle service good though.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

We appreciate your responses concerning your stay with Westgate Smoky Mountains. We are glad that you were able to take advantage of our greatly located resort. It is a real pleasure to know we have succeeded in providing a quality vacation experience that exceeded your expectations. Our team members take great pride in providing great service to all our guests. On behalf of the entire Westgate Team, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you back very soon!

Reviewed February 6, 2014

This property was the perfect choice for location as it was almost exactly in the center of Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. A 3 min ride to Gatlinburg and 7 min ride to Pigeon Forge. The rooms were fantastic and the views were even better. We used the fireplace every day and the kitchen was extremely useful with a 1 year old.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank NaplesFam

Thank you very much for your review. We are so thrilled that you were able to take advantage of our great location to be able to enjoy everything you wanted while in the area. We are glad to know that you enjoyed breathtaking views from your room, the fire place and the additional room amenities. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed February 6, 2014

We own a time share at this resort and have always enjoyed our stays there. A couple of years ago we were placed in a very poorly maintained basement unit that had no view, no natural light and very inconvenient parking. At the time I wrote a negative review.

This time we ended up in a much nicer unit, thanks to a manager who wanted to make up for our previous stay. We were on the top floor of the building so noise from above was not an issue. However, be aware that the older units are not at all soundproof. You can hear furniture moving on the tile floors both above you and next to you. If someone stays in the other half of a split unit you can hear them talking and hear their tv. I'm told that the newer units have carpeted floors so noise is much less in these.

Neither of the DVD players in our unit were operational. Maintenance quickly replaced them though. I liked the way the unit was decorated and found both lounging furniture and bed to be very comfortable. The kitchen was well equipped and laundry facilities were conveniently placed and in good working order.

The Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge Trolleys stop at the front of the resort and the resort has a shuttle that will take you to the shuttle stop (as well as anywhere else on the property), if you aren't within easy walking distance.

The water park is well maintained as are the outdoor pools. The area is very beautiful and this resort is very conveniently located. It's not in town, although it's close to both Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. The resort itself is kind of like a small city, very crowded with buildings. It has several restaurants, a small grocery store, a spa, a fitness center and more.

As always housekeeping, maintenance and front desk staff were top notch. One thing that I found rather entertaining: Our room looked out on the parking lot behind the sales center, (not a very inspiring view, but since we were on the top floor, you could see the mountains over top of the sales center),and all day long, every day, employees were gathered at the edge of the parking lot by a road. Many of them appeared to be smoking which made me wonder if employees are not permitted to smoke on site. If this is the case, I suggest that a smoking room be made available to employees.

One minor complaint. Parking is at a premium and the building we were in had several spots taken up by a dumpster and several more taken by construction vehicles. I've noticed this here before. Management seems to be oblivious to the fact that convenient parking should be reserved for guests.

Overall,this was a great stay. The National Park was closed for part of our time there, but we found plenty of other entertainment, including the afore-mentioned onsite water park.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Si V

Thank you so much for being a Westgate Owner. We appreciate your kind words and are very happy to hear you had an awesome experience at the resort! Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. It’s great to hear you found value in your in room amenities. We would be honored if you would come back and see us soon!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

The carpeting was filthy, I didn't get what I paid for. I was to have two queen size beds, they were only double beds. I had them come in and scrub the carpeting, and they told me, it would be dry in no time. Well, we had wet carpeting the whole week.
I am going back down this year, and I am going to make them show me the room first, before they book me in. I was one of first buyers in 1998 or 99. If I see dirty carpeting this time, I will not take the cabin. They will move me.
I will be giving another review, after I come home this year.

Room Tip: I tell them not to buy into Westgate in Tn.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share information about your recent stay experience with us. As a Westgate Owner, you are our most important guest. The challenges you have described are being reviewed by our Management Team, as they share a common interest to ensure that these issues are corrected. We will use your valuable feedback as an opportunity to improve the quality of our Facility experience for all.