Let me just start this review by saying to everyone else, Westgate is a timeshare place. If you don't like timeshares or you don't want people trying to sell you a timeshare, then don't stay at a timeshare place. That's common sense knowledge. There are hundreds of hotels/motels/cabin rentals/etc. in the area to choose from. Westgate is a timeshare.
My husband and I are owners with Westgate. We bought at the Westgate Smoky Mountain resort location. We have owned since 2007. We really enjoy it. We feel that it's worth the money. We pay our maintenance and tax fee (which is due every odd year since we bought a bi-annual unit) and we feel that it's a great deal. We would pay double, if not more, for a week's stay in a hotel or cabin in the area. Most hotel rooms are just that, hotel rooms. Our unit has a fully equipped kitchen with dishes and pots/pans, etc. and is very nice. We bought a 1 bedroom deluxe. So it has a king bed, 2 full baths, sleeper sofa, nice kitchen, dining room and balcony. We are very happy with the purchase and have used it every odd year that we are able to.
The Smoky Mountain resort is in a beautiful location. I feel like I'm in a cabin in the mountains. We always get placed in the same general area, which is quiet and away from the hustle and bustle of the lodge/check in area. I like this. If we ever were to get a unit closer to the lodge, I don't think I would like it as much. The resort is well maintained. We have never had any issues or problems with the unit. The grounds are always clean and the staff is always courteous. It is gated, which is nice because you know only the people who are supposed to be there are there. We really enjoy this location. We have exchanged for other Westgate locations, and they were ok. But the mountains are what we enjoy.
There are a few things about timeshare owning I do not like. For example, there are sometimes little hoops to jump through or things that cannot be changed. We wanted to book our entire week in Dec. The reservation specialist who booked us split our week which meant we only got to stay 4 days, and the other 3 days were forfeited, since it was the end of Dec and we couldn't use them within the rest of the year. Westgate (the company) said they couldn't do anything for us. That made me mad. But it wasn't the Smoky Mountain front desk that did that, it was the company in general. And even when you're an owner, there are still charges that I think are ridiculous. Owners have to pay to split their week (4 days at one stay/location, 3 days at another stay/location), pay to stay at another Westgate resort location other than their home at which they purchased, etc. But I digress, this review is on the Smoky Mountain location.
I have always enjoyed my stay at the Westgate Smoky Mountain resort. It's beautiful, the location is wonderful, our room is always super nice/clean/what we expect, our bed was extremely comfortable (I wanted to take it home with me!!), the staff is always friendly, and I always want to stay longer. We always invite friends to join us and they love the place as well when they come and visit. We will definitely keep returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Prime Location in the Beautiful Great Smoky Mountains Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, offers guests all the comforts of a fully furnished home, all within minutes of Great Smoky Mountains National Park - the most-visited national park in the United States - as well as Dollywood theme park and bustling downtown Gatlinburg. With easy access to a multitude of outdoor recreational opportunities and a variety of onsite amenities, including an amazing indoor/outdoor water park, your dream vacation is waiting at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Smoky Mountain Hotel Gatlinburg
- Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort
- Westgate Smoky Mountain Gatlinburg
- Westgate Resort Gatlinburg
- Westgate Resort Tennessee
- Westgate Tennessee
- Westgate Smokey Mountain Resort
- Gatlinburg Westgate