In terms of the room, Westgate wasn't quite what we were expecting since it was a 5 star resort. Some of the wallpaper was peeling off the walls and we were barely able to make it through 2 showers before the water started to get cold. The bed also wasn't as comfortable as we expected. However, the basics were there. We did actually like the layout we received. The only truley terrible thing about our room was it's location. We stayed in 331, and the road stopped somewhere around 325. Parking at night was a NIGHTMARE. The first night we had to park at 317 and the next 321 and walk up the hill to our room. The last thing you want after walking around Gatlinburg all day is to have to walk up hill to your room. We were told that the room we were staying in was under contract through another company, and Westgate was not allowed to do any kind of service to the room until the contract was complete. These were problems that the other company should have taken care of, but obviously did not.
Our only other complaint was really the customer service we experienced when we were trying to stay an extra night. We went for 3 night originally and did one of the timeshare tours we told them about some of the problems we were having with parking and the water, and they promised they would take care of us since we expressed interest in staying an extra night. We did not end up buying a timeshare, but we did purchase a vacation package. We did the tour on Saturday, and we were scheduled to check out on Sunday, so Sunday morning we called the front desk to see if they had adjusted the rate from what they quoted us the day before. As it turns out, since we did not buy, they did not take care of us as promised. The price even jumped from $137 to $201. My boyfriend spent almost all morning on the phone with various people to try to get it figured out. Close to 12, we got a knock on the door from Security asking us to please go to the front desk and that they had asked we leave the room. I was baffled that they actually sent security since my boyfriend asked them directly if we should come to the front desk or stay in the room and wait for calls. We had already had our bags packed up since we knew we would be switching rooms, so all we had to do was walk out. Once we got to the front desk, they did apologize and we did end up staying another night. To me, their communication systems are in need of major improvements. Ultimately the best customer we received was from our Bell Service man, Cody.
On a positive note, the location of the resort is FANTASTIC! Also, if you get to stay a little higher on the mountain, the view is amazing. We ended up staying at the highest built point our last night and it was much better than our stay at the bottom. I also have to say that the room we got our last night was much better than the first (better water, softer matress, no peeling wallpaper).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Prime Location in the Beautiful Great Smoky Mountains Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, offers guests all the comforts of a fully furnished home, all within minutes of Great Smoky Mountains National Park - the most-visited national park in the United States - as well as Dollywood theme park and bustling downtown Gatlinburg. With easy access to a multitude of outdoor recreational opportunities and a variety of onsite amenities, including an amazing indoor/outdoor water park, your dream vacation is waiting at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Smoky Mountain Hotel Gatlinburg
- Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort
- Westgate Smoky Mountain Gatlinburg
- Westgate Resort Gatlinburg
- Westgate Resort Tennessee
- Westgate Tennessee
- Westgate Smokey Mountain Resort
- Gatlinburg Westgate