“Great Relaxing Vacation!”

Ranked #27 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Hamlin, New York, United States
“Great Relaxing Vacation!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We loved this resort. We've stayed at many Westgate resorts and this ranks right up there with the best! The inside of our suite was immaculate. Although we didn't make use of many of the resort amenities, they were available if you wanted them.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
We are honored you chose to stay with us! Thanks so much, it is a real pleasure to know we have succeeded in providing a quality vacation experience that exceeded your expectations. Thanks for trusting us with your vacation; we hope we will be on your mind next time you are in town!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (832)
  • Arabic first
Oak Lawn, Illinois
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I booked my trip before checking reviews online, and I will admit I was more than a bit nervous about the Westgate Smoky Mountains Resort once I read up on it. I AM SO GLAD I DIDN'T LET NEGATIVE REVIEWS DETER ME!!! We had a great vacation and loved every bit of this resort.

I should start by staying that I went as a guest of an owner. I'm sure that has something to do with the exceptional service we found at every turn; however, I have to say that I saw the same level of service being provided to everyone around me.

The ONLY complaint I have is that some of the staff may be a little small-minded. My husband and I are a same-sex couple. The "concierge" that showed us to our room just kept pushing the issue: "Just you two?", "No ladies with on this trip?", "Are you pulling my leg? I bet the ladies are just waiting in the car!", and so on. She then asked "Are you kin?", to which I replied Yes (we are legally married, so...), which she then followed with "I'll just stop asking so many questions." But then she continued right on with the questioning. She was nice enough, but she was not getting the fact that we're a couple. Well, when she brought us in to our cabin/condo and realized it had one King bed it must have clicked, because she turned on a dime. No more talking, no more smile, no more super-friendly southern charm.

Our concierge experience aside, this was a great trip. What a beautiful property. Gorgeous views, great pools. The food at the main "lodge" was just so-so, but it didn't bother us. All-in-all, we had a great week and felt right at home at the resort. I plan to go back.

Oh, and one other thing... THE BEST BED I have every slept on. I keep meaning to call to ask what brand of beds they have. Simply amazing nights sleep.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled that you loved your vacation and your vacation was everything you wanted. We are glad you were able to enjoy our comfortable beds and overall property. Please accept our apology if a member of our staff was less than courteous- this is not our standard. Thank you again for your review as we love hearing kind words such as yours. We look forward to hosting your vacation again soon.
Spring Hill, Tennessee
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I love Westgate!! It's beautiful and very convenient to everything. We have been staying there every year for over seven years now. They have fun activities for all ages and a great indoor water park. My kids always love going. It's like out home away from home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We always look forward to assisting our owners and guests and providing them with the ultimate vacation. It’s great to hear you took part in of our unique amenities. Sounds like we will be seeing you and your family again soon!
Spanaway
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was very pleasntly surprised at the quality of accomodations. I am an owner at 2 other properties but this happens to rank right up there with Branson Mo. Not into sales pitches as i want to enjoy my time here.

Room Tip: Not much for deals other than priceline but if your staying for the weekend well worth the price. Th...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. It is a real pleasure to know we have succeeded in providing a quality vacation experience that exceeded your expectations. Our team members take great pride in providing great service to all our guests. On behalf of the entire Westgate Team, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you back very soon!
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Beautiful atmosphere with all the features of a great hotel. Waterpark on site is awesome and we loved having a grocery store on site. We ate out and cooked in our full kitchen. Relaxed in our Jacuzzi and cozied up to the fireplace. The restaurant food was good but the waitress was lazy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We are glad you enjoyed so many things about Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort! We are thrilled that you were able to make use of the waterpark as we know that can help make your vacation more enjoyable. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again.
Honey Brook, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had an awesome experience at this resort! My family voted this our BEST vacation yet! We spent a week there in the beginning of August. When we arrived the hotel staff greeted us warmly at the front door and directed us to the check in desk. After we checked in, a staff member escorted us all the way to our cabin. She showed us our accommodations and made sure it was completely stocked with all our necessities before leaving. She also showed us a map of the resort and went over all activities taking place there that week. So friendly and unexpected. It really made us feel valued. During the course of the week, we did 3 different activities with the activities department there and everyone involved was very helpful, energetic and fun and made it a great fun, memorable experience. The resort is also in a GREAT location for surrounding attractions and fun locations. Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge and the national park are minutes away! The water park was GREAT for our kids! They had a great time everyday swimming and playing. The restaurant was okay. The food could have been better quality but the staff was always professional and helpful and accommodating. The cabin itself was very clean, beautiful and comfortable for our family of four. We cooked in several nights and had everything we needed available to do so. We would recommend this resort to our family and friends and will definitely be returning in the future. So glad we booked here this summer!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 15, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We have renovated our property since you last visited and welcome you back to see what we now have to offer.

Best regards,
Ariel
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Westgate had everything I expected from a resort, - friendly staff, nice rooms, nice spa. I liked all that there was to do. We didn't have any problem with the shuttles, and were even offered a personal ride on a golf cart when an employee saw us waiting. The pool is on the small side for so many guest, though. Overall, a good value for the money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Our staff strives to be attentive & give great service, and we're delighted to see that you experienced that. We are glad you found value in your stay. We hope that you will recommend us to family and friends. Please come back and visit us again soon!