“Don't plan on getting good sleep! Noisy!”

Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa
Ranked #26 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
“Don't plan on getting good sleep! Noisy!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Overall this is a nice property with good amenities but the designers obviously forgot to consider noise and skimped on the insulation between floors in the cabins. We had to call security all weekend due to being woke up after midnight from people listening to music on the ground floor (we were on the third floor!) also being woke up at 4 am from the people right below us. We could literally hear every part of their conversation and every thing they did like they were in our room with us. If they moved a chair is was so loud I thought they were doing construction below us. This was by far the noisiest place I have ever been.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Ceby79
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. We're glad that you found it a nice property with good amenities. Allow us to apologize for an issues you had while staying with us. Our goal is to provide you with an experience that exceeds your expectations. We hope that you will visit us again in the future, giving us the opportunity to provide you with a wonderful vacation experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (829)
  • Arabic first
nashville
Reviewed April 14, 2013

They did a marvelous job on engineering such a spectacle of a property but a major let down with the quality (or lack thereof) of the units. With the exception of the quality mattress, the interior of the units are so 1980s. Same TVs from 20yrs ago while other middle of the road hotels\resorts have upgraded to Flat screen\HD. For the amount they charge for rental, much less ownership, of these units, it is nothing short of insulting to not update anything. The units are slapped together by what appears to be nothing more than particle board and you can hear every step someone makes in the adjacent units and outside. Don't count on getting much rest unless you are on the top unit. In addition, they rush you to check out at 10 after not letting you check in til 4 and give no lee way. The indoor water park? Worth it, yes if that is what appeals to you with perhaps a younger than 10yr old. Otherwise boring. The proximity to everything you can't beat. Don't waste your time on the alleged "90 min" time share pitch cause you will not leave for 3 hrs and most certainly don't buy. You can get the exact same unit for pennies on the dollar online. Don't let them fool you cause they are slick and good at what they do. Good luck.

Room Tip: Choose a top room only
2 Thank titan88
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate you mentioning what a great spectacle of a property our resort is and the quality mattresses that are in our units. We welcome your comments, as they help us in identifying areas in which we need to improve. The trolley will take you right into Gatlinburg and back if you choose not to stay at the resort to experience our pools, hot tubs, spa, onsite restaurant, fitness center and more. We hope to have another opportunity to provide you with a relaxing and wonderful vacation!
Reviewed April 12, 2013

My wife, 19 month old and I stayed there after a timeshare pitch a couple of years ago (bad idea). The cabin was extremely noisy. If your kids take naps in the day, this is not the place for you. There's constant construction and remodeling going on so there is no time where it's actually quiet. If they aren't working on something you will definitely hear all of your neighbors. The cabins are nicely equipped but unless you're right next to the welcome center you have a long walk to everything. For the price, you can easily go somewhere else, and you won't have to listen to another sales pitch for an overpriced timeshare. I know we won't be coming back again.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank Glorybound13
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. Our resort is currently growing and, as such, has some construction going on. We apologize if this disturbed you. We're pleased to read that you found the cabins nicely equipped. We offer a resort shuttle for your convenience. A lot of our guests, after partaking in the many activities and amenities we offer, like to learn more about vacation ownership. We hope to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We WERE planning on staying at the resort in June, but after not being able to reach anyone at about 8-ish when the confirmations line says it is open until 11 and then hangs up on you is not a good start. I finally got an extremely rude manager named Belinda that told me that I shouldn't be calling the desk to confirm a reservation, but she would check it for me this time. They had a reservation was in the system for us for 3 nights in a studio HOWEVER she then informed me that the studio room was really only available 2 of our 3 nights and stopped there. No you may need to chang rooms or let me see what I can do about that...Nothing! When I asked her how did that happen? She told me it must be a "communications glitch between the company we booked from and their system." So now what? She said I would have to call the company and tell them that and that they needed to change our room to 2 of the other rooms which of course were more expensive.
I called our booking company .... no luck there either. They said that since they had confirmation from the so-called resort that I would have to go and basically deal with it at check in. After getting no where with them . I called Bleinda back and explained what the company told me. Here is what I got, " Since your are not an owner, I can't do anything with your reservation. I can only help owner bookings when you can't reach the reservations line which is where you need anyway." I asked what the difference was in the rooms and how big was the studio. I'll put it this way, if I have to crawl across the bed to get to the bathroom because with the sleeper oulled out there is no walking room then it doesn't exactly sound like a spacious studio as it was described to me originally. Wow, Really?! Long story short, between her and the booking company I has enough and canceled the whole thing. The photos from others seem decent .

Room Tip: Stay in the higher number for better mountain views or at least that is what I have read.
6 Thank Mommabearof3
Thank you for your feedback. We work closely with our booking partners to eliminate any issues. Our apologies if there was an error. Our reservations line would be glad to assist you with that, however you canceled. We hope that you would give us another chance to exceed your expectations.
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We recently spent a full week at the Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort. It was our second trip there, and we totally enjoyed ourselves. The waterpark and game room were the favorites of our son. The restaurant has cakes which make your eyes spin they are so good....especially the carrot cake. Deb, our Sales Rep, was and is the nicest and friendliest person imaginable. Can't say which rooms we were in, but they were so spacious and comfortable. I never wanted to leave the bed other than to sit out on the sideporch and watch the snow...or sunshine. Disappointed that we didn't see a bear, though! We'll be going back for another week as soon as possible. Totally recommend.

Room Tip: If you like the mountain views, ask for a room at the top. I like to be close to everything, so we...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
We love to receive reviews where our guests had a great time at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort! It is good to know you were able to enjoy the waterpark, game room and our on-site restaurants. We are always improving, so we value our guest’s feedback. We hope that we can provide your family with many happy memories in years to come.
Princeton, West Virginia
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed in a 1bdrm deluxe villa for the week. The Villa was nice and clean. It had all the amenities that I would expect to have in a villa/condo. The staff were also very friendly and helpful during our stay. I also liked the fact that there was security on site 24 hrs a day. I enjoyed that the resort is located between Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, with shuttle services traveling to both cities. The on site waterpark was nice as well, even tho I thought the prices were a little steep. I think that access to the waterpark should be included with the price of the stay, since it is on resort property. The only real complaint I have is the thinness of the walls. We did experience quite a bit of noise from our neighbors upstairs. I could even hear them snoring at night! Overall, besides the noise, we did really enjoy our stay at this resort.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of Westgate Smoky Mountains Resort & Spa. It's pleasing to know that you found your villa nice and clean, and the amenities fit your needs. We thank you for your suggestions, and we will share them with our team. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to providing you with another wonderful visit!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed April 9, 2013

For a studio that included a kitchenette, it was probably the tiniest, least storage friendly place I've ever stayed. A very narrow closet with an ironing board and cleaning equipment taking up a share of its small size. Also two reasonable size drawers, one of which held a huge spare blanket. We did not even get a suitcase stand, probably because there was no place to put it. However, the bed was very comfy. The shower was huge and the hot water was very plentiful.
The restaurant was very good. They have a decent (actually better than decent) workout area. Didn't use the waterpark, but that looked fine.
The staff was very helpful and attentive. The response of "my pleasure " was a little contrived.

Room Tip: The higher up the mountain and facing the Great Smoky Mountain National Park would have added someth...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank D C
Thank you for your review. We offer a variety of units, from studios up to 5 bedrooms, that fit every guest's situation. We apologize that the accommodations did not meet your needs. It nice to know you found the bed comfortable, the shower huge and the restaurant very good. Our staff strives to provide great customer service, and we're glad you received that. We hope to have another opportunity to provide you with a great stay.