First, let me say we are picky. And the reviews here left us iffy but once we got to this resort we loved it. And would definitely stay again. We thought the hotels rooms in Gatlinburg below par compared to this resort (the hotels in Gatlinburg look dated). We have stayed several places in Pigeon Forge (one being a #1 condo) and Westgate surpassed it mainly because the amenities for us and children.
We got the resort early and were welcomed and able to check in early. They followed us to our room and offered to help us take our luggage up. Then they went over all the functions of the room, resort, trolley info. They let us know if we had any problems to just call.
Our room was in the front and true we could hear the traffic when we were on the balcony but nothing major. We loved this balcony and had a wonderful view of the trees (and they were turning). Once we went inside the condo it was quiet.
Our room was wonderful with everything we needed. It was clean.
True the fireplace does smell when you start it but that is a normal smell with a gas fireplace.
We could leave our car and go to Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge via the trolley. Loved, loved this.
And the resort has vans, a red train and golf carts to take you places if you do not want to walk within the resort. Though we choose to walk most places in the resort.
The resort has many activities (water park and a top notch arcade) for children. Though we did not have a child with us it did make us want to bring our grandchild next trip.
We enjoyed the lounge (we went for Happy Hour and the prices were great) and ate once at the restaurant.
Mon-Sat they have on site activities which we were there Sat and Sunday so we did not get to do any. But, they look very enjoyable.
Location is great.
You cannot go wrong here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Prime Location in the Beautiful Great Smoky Mountains Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, offers guests all the comforts of a fully furnished home, all within minutes of Great Smoky Mountains National Park - the most-visited national park in the United States - as well as Dollywood theme park and bustling downtown Gatlinburg. With easy access to a multitude of outdoor recreational opportunities and a variety of onsite amenities, including an amazing indoor/outdoor water park, your dream vacation is waiting at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Smoky Mountain Hotel Gatlinburg
- Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort
- Westgate Smoky Mountain Gatlinburg
- Westgate Resort Gatlinburg
- Westgate Resort Tennessee
- Westgate Tennessee
- Westgate Smokey Mountain Resort
- Gatlinburg Westgate